UK quarterback Terry Wilson was taken down from behind by an EMU defender and suffered a major knee injury in the process. There has been no official word on the significance of the knee injury, but according to head coach Mark Stoops, he’s going to be out for the year:
"I had to get him a few snaps, my guy is out for the year."— Charlie Walter (@CharlieWalterTV) September 8, 2019
Our cameras caught Coach Stoops saying this after the game. Looks like it may be Sawyer Smith's team. pic.twitter.com/D3e6ZMHyax
Troy transfer Sawyer Smith stepped into the spotlight as the next man up and his first ever pass as a Cat was a 54 yard touchdown bomb to Ahmad Wagner. Smith’s debut gave BBN a level of comfort as he finished the game 5-9 for 86 yards and two touchdowns but the loss of Wilson will be hard to shake.
Here is what I discussed on the podcast:
- Terry Wilson’s injury and what it means going forward
- Kavosiey Smoke is emerging as the RB1
- Ahmad Wagner has emerged as a dangerous weapon
- We saw Eddie Gran open up the playbook in the first quarter
- Lynn Bowden can do it all (duh)
- Defense was good at times but needs to clean some things up for Florida
- Mark Stoops press conference
- Where would UK be with Gunnar Hoak instead of Sawyer Smith?
- Sound from Eddie Gran, Kavosiey Smoke, Sawyer Smith, and Lynn Bowden
I’ll be back on ESPN this week, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 3-6 on The Take and I’ll be live after the game vs. the Florida Gators. Tune in for the latest updates on the Cats.