Kentucky Wildcats junior punter Max Duffy has been named the Ray Guy Player of the Week as the nation’s top punter from Week 5. He averaged an outstanding 51.1 yards per punt on nine kicks while also becoming UK’s career punting leader with a 46.6-yard career average.
Max Duffy has been named to the Ray Guy Award honor list for Week 5.
Fans can visit the Ray Guy Award surrey here to vote for Duffy to become the Punter of the Week. The weekly award will be announced on Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 10 am. ET.
Here is a look at how special Duffy has been through the first five games of this season:
· Broke two school records in UK’s game at South Carolina
· Broke his own single-game school record (min. 8 punts), averaging 51.1 yards on nine kicks
o In the process, became UK’s career punting leader with a 46.6-yard career average
· For the game, had four punts inside the 20 with no touchbacks and his net average was 51.3 yards per punt
· Created a turnover as he had one punt that hit a South Carolina player and was recovered by the Wildcats
· All five punts that originated from at least the UK 27-yard line ended up inside the Gamecock 20
· For the season, he leads the nation with a 51.2-yard average
· As a team, UK leads the nation in net punting with a 49.3-yard average
Needless to say, UK has one of the best punters in the nation, and he deserves to be honored as such.