Since their 2-0 start, former starting quarterback Terry Wilson suffered a season-ending leg injury and backup Sawyer Smith has yet to claim a victory for the Wildcats. Granted, both were tough matchups vs. Florida and at Mississippi State.
However, Kentucky was in position during multiple points of both games to pull out a victory. Now, the Wildcats will travel for the second consecutive week as they look for their sixth-straight win over the Gamecocks.
South Carolina is off to just a 1-3 start, also losing their starting quarterback a few weeks ago. Their backup, true freshman Ryan Hilinski. has actually played better than the former starter.
ESPN’s Football Power Index is giving Kentucky just a 38.8% chance to win the game, with the Wildcats entering Columbia as three-point underdogs. Behind a consistent rushing attack and quality throws, Kentucky could very well extend their winning streak over South Carolina. However, fumbles and missed throws/interceptions will turn out to be extremely costly in this hostile environment.
Kickoff is set for 7:30 pm EST, and it looks like blue got in:
- Ranking every remaining Kentucky Football opponent
- Sawyer Smith good to go vs. South Carolina
- Kentucky vs. South Carolina roundtable and predictions
- How does Kentucky recruiting stack up in the SEC over the last decade?
- Kentucky vs. South Carolina: Preview, viewing info, expert picks & score projections
- Lonnie Johnson named NFLPA Community MVP