If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love UK sports and the community we’ve built here at A Sea Of Blue. Here’s your chance to have a bigger impact on this community.
A Sea Of Blue is hiring writers to help cover UK athletics. Keep reading to find out if this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
These writers will be responsible for helping cover Wildcats sports on an agreed-upon schedule. There is the possibility of being credentialed to cover UK sporting events in the future for contributors who prove to be reliable and do good work. These are part-time, remote, contract positions compensated with a monthly stipend.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best candidates will:
- Have strong knowledge about UK sports, both current and historical.
- Already be familiar with A Sea Of Blue.
- Possess excellent writing skills.
- Be good with interviewing players and coaches..
- Have a nose for news, both in knowing what is important and identifying where to find it.
- Be able to write in line with our best practices for ideal search engine optimization (SEO).
- Be able to write and publish quickly while remaining accurate.
- Be a self-starter who can work with minimal direction.
- Possess solid communication skills.
- Be comfortable working in a virtual environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining why you’re the best fit for the role, a resume detailing any previous writing experience, and a sports-related writing sample. You must submit all three items via the Vox Media careers page to be considered for this opportunity.
If you have questions about this role or the application process, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Sea Of Blue and SB Nation are committed to bringing you coverage of the Wildcats from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.