clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Playing overseas is an option for Jalen Green

The prized prospect isn’t ruling out skipping out on college basketball.

SLAM Summer Classic 2018 Photo by Elsa/Getty Images

California guard Jalen Green is among the nation’s top prospects for 2020.

247 Sports pegs Green as the fourth-ranked prospect in the nation and the second-best combo guard.

To no surprise, the Kentucky Wildcats are working hard to bring the prized prospect to Lexington.

In an interview in Greece, while playing for the U17 Team USA squad, Green listed Kentucky, Memphis, Florida State, Oregon, Alabama, and California. Kentucky, California and Alabama as the school’s watching him play overseas and making him a priority. Joel Justus is among the coaches in Greece.

As of now, 247 pegs the Memphis Tigers as the favorites with an 80% chance with 20% undecided.

However, all these schools may end up losers, as the nation’s third-best high school basketball player isn’t ruling out playing overseas professionally before entering the 2021 NBA Draft.

“It all depends, really,” Green said. “I think I want to go to college to be honest with you. They’re starting their own little trend going overseas, and if it’s the right move, I'll make it, but right now I’m focused on going to college.”

As of now, Green seems as if he’s going to college, but that could change in a hurry as the nation saw with RJ Hampton a few months ago.

Follow our Twitter page and then go ‘like’ our Facebook page for the latest Kentucky Wildcats news and views.