Are you passionate about Kentucky Wildcats sports? Do you want to have articles published on one of the top SB Nation College websites?
If so, we're looking for experienced, passionate sports writers to join our team on A Sea of Blue.
We typically don't provide pay to start but will make exceptions for candidates with extensive writing backgrounds.
We do provide opportunities for paid and unpaid writers to get credentialed to UK events, including press conferences with John Calipari, Mark Stoops and other UK coaches. We can also provide credentials to basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball and football games if you write here long enough and show consistent work.
There can be paid spots for those who stay committed and show they're reliable over several months.
Internship opportunities are also available.
This is an entry-level position in sports media. Ideally, candidates will have at least one full year of writing experience at another blog, newspaper or writing service.
Strong knowledge of sports and a demonstrated ability to write in an online environment are musts.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has strong knowledge about UK sports, both current and historical
- Possesses excellent writing skills
- Is good with interviewing players and coaches.
- Has a nose for news, both in knowing what is important and identifying where to find it.
- Is able to write in line with our best practices for ideal search engine optimization (SEO).
- Is able to write and publish quickly while remaining accurate.
- Is a self-starter who can work with minimal direction.
- Possesses solid communication skills.
- Is comfortable working in a virtual environment.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
1. Full Name, Email Address, Topics/Sports interested in blogging about, Twitter handle, writing availability, and why you want to write for our site/network.
2. Examples of your posts and links to any previous work you have done.
3. Your resume and LinkedIn profile if you have one.
4. We will require an initial post for evaluations that we will publish on our site if it is suitable.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Note: A writing position here is not guaranteed.