University of Kentucky Athletics has finished 14th in final 2018-19 Directors’ Cup standings, which were released on Friday.
The finish is the third-highest among SEC schools and the third-best in school history. UK now has an eight-year streak of top-30 finishes.
The Directors’ Cup measures competitive success for all D-I schools. Schools are awarded points based on NCAA championship participation.
“We have seen outstanding individual and team success this season,” athletics director Mitch Barnhart said in a press release. “This success is worth celebrating, but it’s also motivation for us because we know we can achieve so much more. We are already looking forward to the 2019-20 season, when we will continue to pursue our goal of establishing UK among the elite athletics departments in America.”
This year, 17 of UK’s 22 teams reached postseason play and scored points toward UK’s final Directors’ Cup score. Complete finishes and point totals by sport are as follows:
- Men’s soccer – Fifth, 73 points
- Men’s basketball – Fifth, 73 points
- Rifle – Fifth, 73 points
- Volleyball – Ninth, 64 points
- Softball – Ninth, 64 points
- Football – 11th, 66 points
- Gymnastics – 13th, 60.75 points
- Women’s outdoor track and field – 14th, 61.5 points
- Women’s swimming and diving – 15th, 60 points
- Women’s basketball – 17th, 50 points
- Women’s tennis – 17th, 50 points
- Men’s tennis – 17th, 50 points
- Women’s indoor track and field – 21st, 50.5 points
- Men’s swimming and diving – 25th, 49 points
- Men’s indoor track and field – 29th, 42.5 points
- Men’s outdoor track and field – 34th, 39.5 points
- Men’s golf – 50th, 21 points
- Department – 14th, 947.75 points