Kentucky’s recruitment of Cam’Ron Fletcher is really heating up now that he officially has a scholarship offer from John Calipari:
Extremely Blessed to receive an offer from The University of Kentucky #BBN ⚪️ pic.twitter.com/STKWgqNuzQ— 21 (@CamRonFletcher1) June 22, 2019
Fletcher is a 6-6, 195-pound small forward from St. Louis. He is ranked as a four-star by all major recruiting services and as high as No. 30 overall by ESPN.
The athletic wing currently hold offers from several schools, including the North Carolina Tar Heels, Michigan State Spartans, Missouri Tigers, UCLA Bruins, and Ohio State Buckeyes. As of right now, Missouri has 75% of his crystal ball picks, and Michigan State has the other 25%.
However, Kentucky has been showing consistent interest since the spring, so today’s news of an offer shouldn’t come as much surprise.
“I’ve been talking to coach (John) Calipari,” Fletcher told Rivals’ Eric Bossi back in April. “He’s been telling me that he wants me to come on a visit to see if they will offer. He told me to just keep playing how I’m playing.”
Fletcher has previously said he plans to visit Duke, Michigan State, Kentucky, Missouri, and UCLA during the spring/summer. He also mentioned that he’ll cut his list after he wraps up those visits and hopes to make a final decision before the start of his senior season.
A Sea of Blue comes loaded with the best Kentucky Wildcats links, news, analysis, and some other fun stuff, so be sure to go ‘like’ our Facebook page and then go follow us on Twitter. Got a link you think we should check out? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.