Draft Day has finally arrived, and with it comes the final round of NBA mock draft projections.
ESPN’s Jonathan Givony has released his final mock draft, and it has three Kentucky Wildcats still in the first round, two of which go back to back within the lottery. No analyst is better at projecting the draft than Givony, as he's the best person to follow on the heels of tonight’s fun.
That means there’s a real chance we see his projections for the Cats play out tonight, which feature PJ Washington going 13th to the Miami Heat, Tyler Herro going 14th to the Boston Celtics, and Keldon Johnson going 23rd to the Memphis Grizzlies.
Washington and Herro seem to have done enough in workouts and interviews to convince teams that they’re worthy of lottery selections, and those are two good teams for them to land with.
As for Johnson, there was some buzz he could be selected within the first 18 picks, but Givony isn't buying it. Memphis is also a team in rebuild mode and just acquired this pick after trading star point guard Mike Conley to the Utah Jazz.
On the plus side, this would mean we get to see Johnson team up with Murray State star Ja Morant in Memphis, as he’ll be the No. 2 overall selection. That would be an exciting Bluegrass backcourt to watch.
Here is what the lottery of this final mock draft looks like:
- Pelicans: Zion Williamson, Duke Blue Devils
- Grizzlies: Ja Morant, Murray State Racers
- Knicks: RJ Barrett, Duke Blue Devils
- Pelicans: Jarrett Culver, Texas Tech Red Raiders
- Cavaliers: Darius Garland, Vanderbilt Commodores
- Suns: Colby White, North Carolina Tar Heels
- Bulls: De’Andre Hunter, Virginia Cavaliers
- Hawks: Cam Reddish, Duke Blue Devils
- Wizards: Sekou Doumbouya, France
- Hawks: Jaxson Hayes, Texas Longhorns
- Timberwolves: Nassir Little, North Carolina Tar Heels
- Hornets: Rui Hachimura, Gonzaga Bulldogs
- Heat: PJ Washington, Kentucky Wildcats
- Celtics: Tyler Herro, Kentucky Wildcats