clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

UK working hard to land BJ Boston

The five-star guard is a major priority for the Cats.

Courtside Films

This week, several of the nation’s top prospects are showcasing their talents in the NBPA top 100 camp in Charlottesville, Virginia.

The Kentucky Wildcats sent the big dogs to watch as John Calipari, Kenny Payne and Joel Justus were all on hand to scout.

One prospect the trio had their eyes on was five-star guard Brandon Boston. Boston is ranked as the 9th best prospect for 2020, according to 247 Sports, and ranks second among all shooting guards in the nation.

According to Cats Pause, the Wildcats are making landing Boston a priority. The guard put up a strong performance in front of the Kentucky coaching staff Thursday as he dropped 15 points per game over the course of two games.

Boston recently released a final four list and Kentucky made the cut along with the Auburn Tigers, Duke Blue Devils, and Florida Gators.

“These are the four schools that are on me the hardest right now that want me at their university. They’re all family-oriented the way they coach their program.” Boston told reporters.

Boston took an official visit to Kentucky back in February, as he watched the Cats route his fellow suitor, Auburn, 80-53 at Rupp Arena.

“It was a good atmosphere. It was like an NBA arena,” Boston said of the visit.

As of now, 247 Sports’ crystal ball gives the Cats an 83% chance to land Boston with Duke coming in at 17%. There’s still, however, plenty of time for things to change; thus, the Cats must stay aggressive.