In what’s shaping up to be a historically high rated 2020 recruiting class for the Kentucky Wildcats, it seems there’s a good chance of reeling in another in-state four-star prospect.
Kentucky has already gotten commitments from four-star offensive lineman John Young, who is the state’s fourth-ranked prospect according to 247 Sports. Kentucky recently landed four-star quarterback Beau Allen, who is ranked fifth in the state.
Now it appears Kentucky is the favorite to land the second-ranked prospect in the Bluegrass in Vito Tisdale.
Tisdale is a 6-1 safety from Bowling Green High School in Bowling Green, Kentucky. According to 247, Tisdale is rated a four-star prospect and ranks ninth nationally among safety prospects for 2020 and is the nation’s 153rd ranked prospect.
After Oklahoma and Louisville appeared to be his leaders at 247, they now have Tisdale’s crystal ball going in the Wildcats favor after a recent string of predictions.
Kentucky leads contenders with a 60% chance to land the safety with in-state rival Louisville coming in at 30% and the Oklahoma Sooners rounding up the top three at 10%.
Not only are Mark Stoops and Vince Marrow working hard to get Tisdale to Lexington, but so is four-star commit and Kentucky native John Young.
Young told Shawn Smith of Go Big Blue Country prior to Andru Phillips and Beau Allen’s commitments that Tisdale was on his wishlist of players he would like to help convince to come to Kentucky.
“I am fully committed to Kentucky and will not be talking to any other schools. I think we could have a top fifteen class. Beau Allen, Andru Phillips, Izayah Cummings, Vito Tisdale, and Tee Hodge are just a few of the guys I want on board.”— Shawn Smith (@gbbcountry) April 28, 2019
Young has already added two out of five of the names on his wishlist. Can he add a third with Tisdale?
As of now, it seems there’s a decent chance.