clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Cam’Ron Fletcher says Kentucky has his attention

New, comment

Fletcher is trying to get an offer from John Calipari.

Bob Blanchard / Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame

Cam’Ron Fletcher is the newest member of the 2020 class to garner interest from the Kentucky Wildcats.

Fletcher is a 6-6, 180-pound small forward from St. Louis, Missouri. He is ranked as a four-star by all major recruiting services and as high as No. 31 overall by ESPN.

The high flyer currently hold offers from several schools, including the Michigan State Spartans, Missouri Tigers, and Ohio State Buckeyes. As of right now, Mizzou has 75 percent of his crystal ball picks and MSU has the other 25 percent.

However, Kentucky seems intrigued by the top-40 wing and Fletcher has reciprocated that.

“I’ve been talking to coach (John) Calipari,” Fletcher told Rivals’ Eric Bossi. “He’s been telling me that he wants me to come on a visit to see if they will offer. He told me to just keep playing how I’m playing.”

Bossi says Kentucky has certainly caught his attention “in a big way.” He wants to visit Lexington, at which point he’d likely receive an offer and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him jump on it as soon as possible.

Fletcher is steadily improving and working his way up the rankings. The Cats would be smart to act quickly before he really blows up. But it doesn’t seem like he’s close to making a decision, or even setting up a visit.

“I haven’t gotten to that point,” Fletcher said. “Like for real, I don’t have any idea where I’m going. I’ll probably know at the end of the summer.”

I could see this being like the Dontaie Allen and Kahlil Whitney recruitments, where Fletcher visits towards the end of the summer, Kentucky offers, and then he commits in a day or two following his visit.

But for now, we’ll just have to wait.

Go follow our Twitter page to get all of the latest Kentucky Wildcats news and views.