The Kentucky Wildcats had their hands full in the second half as the Houston Cougars made a run to take the lead late. But thanks to some Elite defense from PJ Washington and Ashton Hagans coupled with clutch shooting from Tyler Herro, the Cats were able to survive and advance.
Here is what we discussed:
- PJ Washington was back to form and Kentucky needed every minute of his 26 played
- Tyler Herro wanted that shot
- Immanuel Quickley and EJ Montgomery were the sparks in the first half
- John Calipari stuck with Hagans despite of a poor offensive output and the team was rewarded for it
- Sound from Tyler Herro, Cal, and Washington
- Cats still have some work to do on the offensive end if they want to beat the Auburn Tigers and advance to the Final Four
- We take phone calls from fans
- Jason Anderson connects from Kansas City and tells us about all of the trash talking that Tyler Herro does throughout the game
- Looking ahead to Auburn
- And more!
We will do a pregame show right before the Elite Eight and as always we will be on right after the game with player and coach sound along with your first chance to call and react to the game.
ESPN 680 has you covered for the NCAA Tournament!
Follow the leader, ESPN Louisville.— ESPN Louisville (@ESPN680) November 12, 2018
- ESPN 680 (Louisville) | 105.7 FM (Frankfort)
- ESPN Louisville app | ESPN app | TuneIn
- Listen: https://t.co/qokZJRfETW pic.twitter.com/40lDrtH6B6