Given that this is the beginning of Louisville hate week, there may be some extra drive to destroy any Cardinals in town this week, but tonight’s game is more about fixing the issues that have plagued the Wildcats in recent outings.
After shooting abysmally from behind the three-point line for most of the season, the Wildcats shot 40% from deep against Mount St. Mary’s on Friday. The return of Immanuel Quickley certainly helped with that, as he shot 3 for 4 from three.
Pick and roll defense, taking good shots, and cleaning up mental mistakes are the focus areas for the team today according to John Calipari’s postgame press conference on Friday. Kentucky is about to enter a more relaxed part of their schedule, as far as frequency of games.
This is normally when we see the most growth from John Calipari teams. Will we see that growth start tonight?
Get ready for tonight by checking out some of these pregame reads:
- Kentucky vs. Lamar: Preview, viewing info & more
- Rupp Arena attendance is down, so John Calipari is asking for help
- Power ranking the Wildcats
- Junior Nick Richards has been everything the Big Blue Nation was hoping for
- The Wildcats finally got it going from deep vs. Mount St. Mary’s
- Calipari & Wildcats recap win vs. Mount St. Mary’s, plus postgame notes
- Kentucky beats Mount St. Mary’s: 6 things to know
- 3 Wildcats among ESPN’s top 100 NBA prospects