clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

4-star DL Tyler Baron sets decision date

Will the Knoxville native come north to Lexington?

helmet Jason Marcum - Sea of Blue

The Kentucky Wildcats’ 2020 recruiting class is already shaping to be one of the best in school history, but there’s a chance it may soon get even better.

Four-star defensive end Tyler Baron from Knoxville (TN), announced Tuesday that he will make his college decision on December 18th during the early national signing day.

Not long after, Lynn Bowden had an interesting retweet:

The four-star prospect is ranked as the fourth-best prospect from Tennessee in 2020 and the fourth-ranked strong-side defensive end in the nation, according to 247 Sports.

Back on August 9th, Baron announced his final five schools are Kentucky, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon and Tennessee.

According to 247, the hometown Tennessee Volunteers has the upper hand with 71% of crystal ball projections going to them and the other 29% undecided. However, Vince Marrow is listed as the coach recruiting him to Kentucky, which usually ends well for the Wildcats.

Until December 18th, however, all anyone can do is speculate.

And be sure to go follow our Twitter page and ‘like’ our Facebook page to get all of the latest Kentucky Wildcats news, views and other fun stuff.