It’s safe to say that no one expected what took place last Tuesday in Rupp Arena. It was one of the worst losses in the John Calipari era, and arguably the worst loss in the history of Kentucky Basketball. It’s something none of us will ever forget, but it’s something this team has to live with and use for motivation for the rest of the season.
This team is still loaded with talent and can beat anyone in the country. I’m sure Coach Cal and company has had a very productive week at practice. This team should come out tonight and make a statement against a lesser Utah Valley team, even though it will be without EJ Montgomery as he remains out with an ankle injury.
Get ready for the game tonight by looking over some of these pregame reads:
- John Calipari and Wildcats preview Utah Valley
- Kentucky vs. Utah Valley: Preview, viewing info, prediction & more
- John Calipari gives injury update on EJ Montgomery and Ashton Hagans
- Isaiah Jackson picks Kentucky: Highlights and scouting report
- Twitter reactions to UK’s win over Vandy and landing Isaiah Jackson
- Kentucky Basketball Recruiting in the 2020 Class
- Wildcats now have No. 1 class: Terrence Clarke says they aren’t done
- Devin Askew reclassifies and signs with UK
- 4 keys to getting the Cats back on track
- Joe Lunardi breaks down Kentucky’s stock following loss to Evansville