After a hard fought loss in Athens last week, things do not get easier for the Kentucky Wildcats.
Today, the Cats are going up against a 5-2 Missouri Tigers team whose offense has looked very good for a majority of the year. Their record is 5-2 overall and 2-1 in the SEC.
Oddly enough, they just laid a dud against Vanderbilt last week who gave the Tigers their first SEC loss. This can be either a very good thing for Kentucky or a very bad thing.
Maybe there was a huge flaw in this Missouri team that was discovered in film this week. Or, maybe the Tigers are going to be even more motivated to beat Kentucky after losing to a then 1-5 Vanderbilt team.
Either way, it’s going to be an interesting game in Lexington tonight. The Cats are underdogs at home as the line is +10 for the Cats, which is a little shocking considering the results of Missouri’s game and how bad the Cats need this one.
The biggest question mark going into tonight is how much, if at all, will we see Sawyer Smith. Lynn Bowden is a great player, but last week showed that this Kentucky team won’t go far with him under center.
After sitting for the past three weeks, it’ll be interesting to see if Smith plays and what his impact on the game will be.
One key injury for Kentucky tonight is with linebacker Kash Daniel, who is likely out due to a concussion suffered last week vs. Georgia, according to KSR. If Daniel is out, that means Chris Oats will start in his place.
The game kicks off at 7:30 pm EST tonight on the SEC Network. You can stream it online using WatchESPN.
- Landon Young named Wuerffel Trophy nominee
- Kentucky vs. Missouri: Preview, viewing info & HYPE video
- Who is the best fit at QB for Kentucky against Missouri?
- Stanley Garner enters transfer portal
- Jared Casey and J.J. Weaver may make their UK debuts vs. Missouri
- Lynn Bowden has a message for the Big Blue Nation
- Kentucky vs. Missouri game glance, TV info, odds & an early prediction
- Kentucky Football recruiting in the 2020 class
- Mark Stoops’ salary among top 25 in college football