The Kentucky Wildcats will look to extend their two-game winning streak tonight as they visit the Georgia Bulldogs.
This will be the 153rd meeting all-time between the Cats and the Dawgs with UK owning a 126-26 series advantage. Kentucky has won 11 straight against the Bulldogs, and John Calipari owns a 16-2 record against them.
However, first-year head coach Tom Crean has had a little more luck against the Cats. Crean is 4-4 in his career against Kentucky with three of those wins coming in the NCAA Tournament. Jim Harbaugh’s brother-in-law is no stranger to competing with UK.
Georgia is 9-6 on the season and 1-2 in SEC play. But their two SEC losses came on the road at Tennessee and at Auburn, so at least they’ve played some good competition thus far. Their lone SEC victory came at home in a blowout win over Vanderbilt.
The Bulldogs are led by a loaded frontcourt that includes sophomore forwards Rayshaun Hammonds and Nicolas Claxton as well as senior center Derek Ogbeide. UGA will look to pound the ball inside and attack the offensive glass. But outside junior guard and sixth-man Tyree Crump (41% from three), Georgia struggles to get much from their perimeter players.
Tom Crean’s squad lost at home to Georgia State early in the season by 24 points and just lost to Tennessee a week and a half ago by 46 points. Kentucky is a lot better than this Georgia team, but it’s never easy to play in front of a sold-out crowd. Stegeman Coliseum will be rocking tonight, and if the Cats don’t come out ready to play, anything can happen.
Tonight’s game can be seen on ESPN at 7 pm EST. You can watch it online using Watch ESPN, the Watch ESPN app and fuboTV. You can listen to an online radio stream via UK Athletics.
- Kentucky vs. Georgia: Game time, TV channel, online stream, odds, rosters & more
- Calipari & Wildcats preview Georgia, talk state of the SEC & more
- Big Men Problems: What’s wrong with PJ and Reid?
- Where UK stands in new top 25 polls, NET & power rankings
- Will Kansas get Silvio De Sousa back before they face Kentucky?
- Kentucky must up its game as SEC schedule kicks it up a notch
- John Calipari emphasizing how Nick Richards is key to a national title
- Kentucky at Georgia: Analysis, game line, betting trends & prediction