The SEC is coming off the best week that any league had in Week 1 of the college football season.
Entering Week 2, only one team has suffered a defeat thus far, that being Tennessee. Everyone else was able to take care of business in Week 1, including LSU suffocating Miami, Ole Miss running past Texas Tech, Auburn downing Washington, and Alabama hammering Louisville.
However, there wasn’t a single conference game in Week 1, but that will change in a big way this week. The biggest game on deck features No. 3 Georgia hitting the road to face No. 24 South Carolina, one of the few top-25 matchups in all of college football this week. The winner of this game will take a big step toward an SEC East crown.
No. 25 Florida hosts Kentucky in another pivotal SEC East clash. Both teams are hoping to climb the SEC East and push defending champ Georgia for a division crown. A win here would go a long way toward making that dream a reality.
Some big non-conference games are on deck, highlighted by Texas A&M playing host to No. 2 Clemson. The Tigers have been a mainstay in the College Football Playoff, so a win by the Aggies would not only be huge for them, but it would also boost the profile of the entire league, which is hoping to get two teams in the playoff for a second-straight year.
No. 18 Mississippi State will hit the road for a matchup with Kansas State.
With that in mind, here’s a look at what the SEC standings look like heading into Week 2:
SEC Football Standings Week 2
- Florida Gators - 0-0 in SEC, 1-0 overall
- Georgia Bulldogs - 0-0 in SEC, 1-0 overall
- Kentucky Wildcats - 0-0 in SEC, 1-0 overall
- Missouri Tigers - 0-0 in SEC, 1-0 overall
- South Carolina Gamecocks - 0-0 in SEC, 1-0 overall
- Vanderbilt Commodores - 0-0 in SEC, 1-0 overall
- Tennessee Volunteers - 0-0 in SEC, 0-1 overall
- Alabama Crimson Tide - 0-0 in SEC, 1-0 overall
- Arkansas Razorbacks - 0-0 in SEC, 1-0 overall
- Auburn Tigers - 0-0 in SEC, 1-0 overall
- LSU Tigers - 0-0 in SEC, 1-0 overall
- Mississippi St. Bulldogs - 0-0 in SEC, 1-0 overall
- Ole Miss Rebels* - 0-0 in SEC, 1-0 overall
- Texas A&M Aggies - 0-0 in SEC, 1-0 overall
- - Not eligible for conference title
Here’s a look at the entire Week 2 slate of SEC action:
SEC Football Schedule Week 2
- Mississippi State at Kansas State, 12 PM (ESPN)
- Nevada at Vanderbilt, 12 PM (SEC Network)
- Arkansas State at Alabama, 3:30 PM (ESPN2)
- Georgia at South Carolina, 3:30 PM (CBS)
- Southern Illinois at Ole Miss, 4 PM (SEC Network)
- East Tennessee State vs. Tennessee, 4 PM (SEC Network)
- Clemson at Texas A&M, 7 PM (ESPN)
- Southeastern Louisiana at LSU, 7 PM (ESPN2)
- Wyoming at Missouri, 7 PM (ESPNU)
- Alabama State at Auburn, 7:30 PM (SEC Network)
- Kentucky at Florida, 7:30 PM (SEC Network)
- Arkansas at Colorado State, 7:30 PM (CBS Sports Network)
What games are you looking forward to this week?