Finally, the Kentucky Wildcats are set to play a basketball game.
Tonight marks the beginning of Kentucky’s four-game Bahamas slate. Appropriately, the first opponent is the Bahamas National Team.
This will be the first time we see newcomers Reid Travis, EJ Montgomery, Ashton Hagans, Keldon Johnson and Tyler Herro in game action while rocking that Kentucky blue.
This won’t be a game in which we see the Bahamas at its best, though, as two of the team’s best players will be out. Former Kansas Jayhawk/Ole Miss Rebel/Western Kentucky Hilltopper Dwight Coleby and former Texas Longhorn/Maryland Terrapin Shaquille Cleare have both been ruled out for this game.
Also, John Calipari will not be the head coach of Kentucky tonight. Instead, associate head coach Kenny Payne will lead the Wildcats, while Calipari sits back and goes with more of a player-evaluation role:
This is Coach Cal's view for tonight's game. pic.twitter.com/ye1QxGr0KQ— CoachCal.com (@CoachCalDotCom) August 8, 2018
But more importantly, Kentucky Basketball is back in our lives.
- Kentucky vs the Bahamas National Team: Game time, TV channel, online stream, more
- John Calipari sends message on ‘Why You Come to Kentucky’
- 5-star wing Kahlil Whitney picks Kentucky: Highlights and Breakdown
- How many games will the Cats win in the Bahamas?
- Kentucky Basketball Practice Highlights in the Bahamas
- 3 Wildcats that need to step up in the Bahamas
- Wednesday Quickies: Bahamas Gameday Edition
- Musings: Bahamas trip, Jon Rothstein Rankings, and the Penny Hardaway Threat
- What to expect from the 2018-19 Wildcats
- John Calipari and players are working with Samaritan’s Feet
Come join the fun in tonight’s open thread!