With rosters now set, 14 former Wildcats are set to play in Las Vegas, which begins play on Friday. The Las Vegas league will feature all 30 teams for the first time and will run through July 17.
The Las Vegas league will take place at the Thomas & Mack Center and Cox Pavilion on the campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. It will feature 82 games over 12 days as part of the usual tournament-style schedule.
Teams will compete in three preliminary games before being seeded in a tournament that culminates with the championship game on July 17.
This will be the first chance to see the newest NBA Cats in action, including Kevin Knox, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Hamidou Diallo and Wenyen Gabriel.
Here’s a list of the former Kentucky players tentatively set to play in Las Vegas:
- Charlotte Hornets – Malik Monk (2017)
- Indiana Pacers – Alex Poythress (2013-16)
- Los Angeles Clippers – Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (2018)
- Miami Heat – Bam Adebayo (2017)
- New Orleans Pelicans – Derek Willis (2014-17)
- New York Knicks – Kevin Knox (2018)
- Oklahoma City Thunder – Hamidou Diallo (2017-18), Dakari Johnson (2014-15)
- Orlando Magic – Isaiah Briscoe (2016-17)
- Portland Trail Blazers – Archie Goodwin (2013)
- Sacramento Kings – De’Aaron Fox (2017), Wenyen Gabriel (2017-18)
- Toronto Raptors – Marquis Teague (2012)
- Washington Wizards – Aaron Harrison (2014-15)
Of the above players, Archie Goodwin is on the verge of Summer League history. The former UK guard needs just 18 points to become the Las Vegas league’s all-time leading scorer.