As the NBA regular season comes to a close, there are only 72 days until the NBA Draft.
Though the regular season ends in less than two weeks, the official draft order won’t be decided until May 15th. On the 15th, the annual NBA Draft Lottery will be held in Chicago, IL. The five days following the lottery (May 16th-20th) will include the NBA Scouting Combine, also in Chicago.
Athletes who enter their name will then have until June 11th (10 days before the draft) at 5 P.M. EDT to withdraw their entry and be eligible to return to college basketball.
Draft night is set for June 21st at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.
The full list of Key Dates for the 2017-2018 NBA season can be found here:
- April 11-14: Portsmouth Invitational Tournament (Portsmouth, VA)
- April 11: Regular Season ends
- April 14: NBA Playoffs 2018 begin
- April 22: NBA Early Entry Eligibility Deadline (11:59 p.m. ET)
- May 15: NBA Draft Lottery (Chicago)
- May 16-20: NBA Draft Combine 2018 (Chicago)
- May 30: NCAA’s NBA Draft Early Entry Withdrawal Deadline (11:59 p.m. ET)
- May 31: NBA Finals 2018 begin
- June 11: NBA’s Early Entry Withdrawal Deadline (5 p.m. ET)
- June 21: 2018 NBA Draft
- July 6-17: 2018 NBA Summer League (Las Vegas)