The college basketball season is over, and with it has come the final USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll.
Despite a tumultuous season that saw the Kentucky Wildcats lose 11 games, including a four-game skid, they managed to finish 17th in this poll. That was thanks in large part due to a 9-2 finish that included a win over No. 16 Tennessee in the SEC Championship. followed by a pair of NCAA Tournament wins to advance to the Sweet 16.
Speaking of SEC, the league managed to get four teams in the final top 25 poll.
As you can imagine, the teams that finished at or near the top either had great regular seasons or made deep runs in the NCAA Tournament.
Here is the entire Coaches Poll:
- Villanova Wildcats (36-4)
- Michigan Wolverines (33-8)
- Kansas Jayhawks (31-8)
- Duke Blue Devils (29-8)
- Virginia Cavaliers (31-3)
- Texas Tech Red Raiders (27-10)
- Loyola-Chicago Ramblers (32-6)
- Xavier Musketeers (29-6)
- Purdue Boilermakers (30-7)
- Gonzaga Bulldogs (32-5)
- Michigan State Spartans (30-5)
- Cincinnati Bearcats (31-5)
- West Virginia Mountaineers (26-11)
- North Carolina Tar Heels (26-11)
- Clemson Tigers (25-10)
- Tennessee Volunteers (26-9)
- Kentucky Wildcats (26-11)
- Florida State Seminoles (23-12)
- Kansas State Wildcats (25-12)
- Nevada Wolfpack (29-8)
- Ohio State Buckeyes (25-9)
- Houston Cougars (27-8)
- Auburn Tigers (26-8)
- Texas A&M Aggies (22-13)
- Wichita State Shockers (25-8)
Receiving votes: Syracuse 79; Arizona 71; Rhode Island 64; Florida 40; Penn State 19; Butler 10; Buffalo 8; Seton Hall 6; St. Mary’s 6; MD Baltimore Cty 6; Utah 4; Miami-Florida 3; Providence 3; Creighton 2.