Kentucky is set to take on the Ole Miss Rebels for the Wildcats’ final home game this season.
It won’t be senior day because the Kentucky Wildcats don’t have any seniors, but it’s the final home game nonetheless and it’ll almost certainly be the last game in Rupp for a player or two.
UK is an 11-point favorite on the betting lines and has an 88.9 percent chance to win according to ESPN’s Basketball Power Index. If the Wildcats win, they’ll improve to 10-7 in conference play. That would move UK into a tie for second place in the conference alongside the Florida Gators and Arkansas Razorbacks. A showdown with Florida would loom in the final game of the season, while UK already holds a tiebreaker over Arkansas.
Assuming UK takes care of business tonight, the Wildcats will take another step towards the team’s sudden and complete turnaround that we’ve seen late this year. But saying this, we’ve seen UK struggle to win games they should dominate, but they’ve hopefully moved past that as the postseason draws closer.
Keep it locked to this thread for discussion about the game.
- SEC Tournament Bracketology: Will UK get top-4 seed?
- Here’s all the viewing and preview information
- Who will be playing their last game in Rupp Arena?
- Bracketology: New projections by ESPN and NBC
- Barack Obama, former players speak out on how to fix college basketball
- John Calipari’s preview of Ole Miss
- Quade Green trolls Louisville Cardinals
- Kentucky mentioned as Final Four contender
- NBA prospect breakdown of Kevin Knox
- John Calipari makes his pitch for fixing college hoops