The Kentucky Wildcats thumped the Arkansas Razorbacks 87-72 at Bud Walton Arena. It was as complete of a performance as we’ve seen from this team since they dismantled the Louisville Cardinals by 29 points back in December.
With five players scoring in double figures and a line-up of five as good as any in the country, John Calipari may have found the right mix to do some damage down the stretch, in the SEC tournament, and the NCAA tournament.
Jason Ence joined me and here is what we discussed:
- The Cats started down 11 and it looked like a disaster was going to occur
- Once Cal put Quade Green and Jarred Vanderbilt in the game, it changed completely
- Kevin Knox looked like a lottery pick and that’s becoming consistent
- Hamidou Diallo continues to struggle, only logged 15 minutes
- PJ Washington, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Quade Green, Kevin Knox, and Jarred Vanderbilt all finished in double figures
- The second half defense shut down Arkansas
- We take listener phone calls
- We listen and discuss sound from Knox, Vanderbilt, and Washington
- We listen to and discuss comments from a feisty Cal
I will be back Saturday night after the Cats take on Missouri at 8:15 PM on ESPN. Listen in, call in, and join the fun.