The Spartans come in at 7-1 with their only loss being a 6-point loss on the road at LSU in which they connected on 19-33 three pointers.
That’s not the ideal matchup for a Kentucky team that has struggled guarding on the perimeter this season.
The Wildcats will have to come up big against guard Francis Alonso, UNC-Greensboro’s all-time leader in made three-pointers who is shooting at a 46.2 percent clip on the season, as well as forward Kyrin Galloway, who is hovering around the 46 percent mark from the perimeter this season and scored 32 points (8-10 on threes) against LSU.
Kentucky’s defense looked noticeably better against Monmouth, but Monmouth is a team that struggles to shoot from the outside anyway, so today will be a good test to see how far the Wildcats have come.
- All your need-to-know info for today’s game (viewing info, prediction, what to watch for, etc.)
- John Calipari talks about Nick Richards’ place in the big man rotation
- Reid Travis named candidate for Senior CLASS Award
- New USA Today recruiting rankings have Tyrese Maxey 7th in the country
- Dontaie Allen breaks 50 points again in second game
- Ranking the top 10 former Cats in the NBA
- Could Josh Allen be a top five NFL Draft pick?
- Jared Casey set to announce decision on Dec. 6.
- Kentucky not a top-4 seed in latest bracketology
- Kenny Payne breaks down Nick Richards’ struggles & fighting through them