With many folks on a three day holiday this week in honor of Thanksgiving, The Kentucky Wildcats will have a festive crowd to play for at Rupp Arena as the Winthrop Eagles come to town for an afternoon matinee contest Wednesday as part of the Ohio River Valley Showcase.
The game will tip off at 1 pm and will be televised on the SEC Network.
The #10 Wildcats enter the match up at 3-1, fresh off their 92-82 victory at home Sunday night over a very game VMI squad that set a Rupp Arena record 19 three pointers made by an opponent. Wildcat forwards Reid Travis and PJ Washington led the Cats in the victory with Travis scoring 22 points and grabbing six rebounds and Washington going off for 19 points and 18 rebounds. Sophomore guard Quade Green had a big game off the bench with 17 points.
The Eagles enter the game with a 2-2 mark. Winthrop lost to East Tennessee State, 76-74, their last time out.
Winthrop plays fast and can definitely score the ball, averaging 95.3 points a game and shooting 51% from the field. The Eagles are lead by guard Nych Smith’s 19.3 points per game. The Eagles have five players averaging in double figures scoring.
- Kentucky vs Winthrop: Game time, TV channel, online stream, odds, prediction
- Kahlil Whitney won’t sign with UK in early signing period
- NFL hopeful Benny Snell isn’t thinking about sitting out of a bowl
- Quade Green becoming a go-to player for Kentucky in crunch time
- Where Kentucky stands in new College Football Playoff Rankings
- John Calipari and Wildcats preview Winthrop, talk about state of UK recruiting
- Where UK stands in new college hoops top 25 polls and power rankings
- Kentucky has offered Anthony Edwards, who moves into 2019 and is now ranked No. 1