The Kentucky Wildcats are back in action tonight as they take on the VMI Keydets at 6:00 pm EST at Rupp Arena.
After coming off a blowout victory against North Dakota, the Cats look to continue their momentum tonight. But, this one won’t be as easy as most think.
VMI has shot 25-51 from beyond the arc in their last two games and Kentucky has let opponents shoot 40% from three to this point in the season. Yes, the season just started, but if VMI catches fire from beyond early, Kentucky could be in trouble to start the game.
The Cats are looking for another strong performance from P.J. Washington. Coming into the season a lot of fans were expecting him to take on a huge leadership role, but the start wasn’t what most had hoped. With that being said, he broke out for 25 points against North Dakota this past Wednesday so hopefully that means he’s back on track.
I’d expect a close game to start out with Kentucky pulling away in the second half and winning by about 20.
- Kentucky vs. VMI: Preview, viewing info and what to watch for
- Dontaie Allen signs with Kentucky
- Immanuel Quickley and Quade Green separating from Ashton Hagans, who is still finding his role
- Isaiah Stewart talks his recruitment, UK interest, and decision plans
- Former Cats in the NBA: What to know after first month of the season
- De’Aaron Fox and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander continuing strong run of UK guards in NBA
- Kentucky beats Middle Tennessee: Everything to know
- College Football Top 25 Polls and Power Rankings Updated
We’ve got a new starting lineup tonight with EJ Montgomery getting the nod: