So James Streble decides to go have a fun, family vacation and UK loses their first game of the season. Coincidence? I’ll let you decide.
We were the unfortunate souls who had to break down Kentucky’s first loss of the season, as the Wildcats fell 20-14 in overtime to the Texas A&M Aggies on Saturday night. It was a frustrating loss that had many of us scratching our heads as to how Benny Snell could be forgotten on the most important play of the game...and a lot of plays before that.
As we entered the bye week, Magic Mike and I discussed:
- What went wrong with the offense
- Our thoughts on the playcalling
- Why Terry Wilson deserves a bit of a break for his play
- The dominant performance of the defense
- The referees (seriously, Josh Allen just got held AGAIN as I’m typing this)
- The overall feeling after the 5-1 first half
- How the second half of the season breaks down
- Why the calls for Gunnar Hoak to enter the game were foolish
We also took calls and texts from UK fans, who voiced their frustrations.
We also had a great conversation with former Kentucky offensive lineman Justin Jeffries. As a member of the 2007 Kentucky team, he was able to give us some great insight into how this team compares. He also discussed why Gunnar Hoak coming in may have made things worse, and why the loss coming before the bye week is such a blessing.
We will be on hiatus next weekend with the Wildcats taking a week off, but join James and I on October 20 as soon as the Vanderbilt game ends, as we are the first place where you can call and discuss each UK football and basketball game.
Here’s how you can catch the show:
Kentuckiana's Sports Talk Leader.— ESPN Louisville (@ESPN680) February 24, 2018
ESPN 680 | 105.7 FM
ESPN , TuneIn apps
☎️ Audio Now: 605-477-9680
You can call us at 502-267-9680 or text us at 437-9680.
Enjoy the show, and Go Cats!