clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

In-state star Jared Casey sets decision date following UK visit

This would be a massive get if UK can land the star linebacker.

If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.

247 Sports

Four-star linebacker Jared Casey took his official visit to Kentucky on Saturday and experienced the Wildcats’ third consecutive dominating SEC performance first hand.

It sure seems as though he enjoyed the visit He also announced his decision date just a few days later.

The Louisville native will officially commit on Thursday, October 11th.

Casey is listed as the No. 18 inside linebacker in the 2019 class according to the 247 Sports Composite rankings. The Ballard High School star will be choosing between the Oregon Ducks, Louisville Cardinals, Wisconsin Badgers, and Kentucky Wildcats.

Casey’s final official visit will be to Wisconsin this weekend as they take on the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

From Courtney Love to Jordan Jones, and now Kash Daniel, Kentucky’s defense has been anchored by strong linebackers in recent years. Especially with how Big Blue Nation has embraced Daniel as an in-state icon, landing Casey could solidify the position for another four years and establish a pipeline of in-state defenders choosing the Wildcats.

The 247 Crystal Ball predictions give Kentucky no chance of landing Casey, with Oregon being the favorite at 62% and Louisville getting the remaining 38%.

But with Kentucky’s current momentum and his announcement coming on the heels of his official visit, it seems like Vince Marrow has a puncher's chance to work his magic and land Casey next week.

Check out some highlights of Casey in action:

Sea of Blue comes loaded with the best Kentucky Wildcats links, news, analysis, and some other stuff, so be sure to go ‘like’ our Facebook page and then go follow our Twitter page.