The Kentucky Wildcats fell to a bad South Carolina team last night, 76-68. South Carolina missed 15 straight shots in the first half and Kentucky led by 14 points in the second half. We were all feeling pretty good about getting out of Columbia with a victory until the wheels came flying off.
Plagued with foul trouble, an unevenly called game, bad shot selection, and no answer for Chris Sliva, John Calipari’s team had the worst stretch of basketball of the season with about 11 minutes remaining.
Lachlan McLean and I stayed up late talking about the following things:
- Kevin Knox almost had a double-double, had 21 points, but settled for threes late in the game
- Who outside of P.J. Washington is tough?
- This was a game where they missed Quade Green’s shooting and his leadership
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Hamidou Diallo were brutal
- Once Jarred Vanderbilt shook off the rust he was extremely impressive
- Nick Richards had his best game in months
- Free throws down the stretch were abysmal
- Sound from Knox and Calipari
- 2 reporters ask Knox stupid questions about the three pointer streak
- Phone calls from fans
- Kentucky has been flirting with disaster and it finally bit them
- Guys are not listening to Calipari and they admit it
- No way around it, this was as bad of a loss as a team can suffer
And be sure to go ‘like’ our Facebook page and follow our Twitter page to get all of the latest Kentucky Wildcats news and views.