The Cal Cast has become a hit for Kentucky Wildcats basketball coach John Calipari. He has interviewed a host of individuals from Phil Knight of Nike to former player and NBA star John Wall.
But in his latest edition of the weekly podcast, Calipari lets us all know that he is pumping the brakes on his show in order to prepare for March. And instead of his usual interview, he gives the listeners a fly on the wall experience as he talks to the media and discusses the coming weeks in front of his team. This unprecedented access gives listeners and fans an inside glimpse of how Calipari talks to his players and what his message is going forward.
- Calipari tells us that everything he does during the season, he does to prepare for March
- He’s happy that the team is off for spring break this week
- Praises the team’s effort in Nashville
- Cal addresses the team, applauds the defense and reminds them that they are a healthy team ready to go get it
- He also reminds the team that it’s survive and advance time, no room for losing
- He talks to some of the ESPN college basketball analysts and busts Jay Bilas for being a Duke homer
- He also tells them he wants even more transparency from the NCAA selection committee and says they should focus more on the seeding and not so much on geography
The podcast is only about a half-hour long but it is full of great insight and information.