Well that was a lot of fun. With De’Aaron Fox inactive for the game because of a knee injury and their backs against the wall, the Kentucky Wildcats took down the #13 Florida Gators 72-62. The ‘Cats now are number one in the SEC and hold the tiebreaker over the Gators. The ‘Cats also are, for now, the top seed in the SEC tournament.
Here is what we discussed:
- Malik Monk looked like an NBA player that came and played in a college game
- Bam Adebayo continues to look dominant, posting his second straight double-double
- Cal made an adjustment to have Monk drive to the basket and that made the difference
- Dominique Hawkins played the most minutes in the game and was fantastic
- Derek Willis was, like Dom, an important senior on the floor
- The bench players as a whole continue to payoff
- Wenyen Gabriel struggles but that’s OK when Willis plays like he did
- Kentucky fans call in and blast my buddy Lachlan McLean for being honest about UK’s struggles at times
- Coach Cal post-game press conference
- Isaiah Briscoe had some issues but he did his job with Fox out
- Cal had some words aimed at Fox in regards to toughness and intensity
- Who would win between UK and UofL right now?
- What does the NCAA tournament landscape look like?
- Monk was the player of the game (duh)
- Keys to victory against Vanderbilt on Tuesday night
This was by far our best show. The calls were awesome, Lachlan got into it with some UK fans, and I try to be the voice of reason. Thanks for all of those that listen and continue to listen. We will be back on Tuesday night on ESPN 680 and on IHeartRadio as well as the ESPN 680 app.