Well I feel a lot better, how about you? The Kentucky Wildcats went into Alabama with something to prove defensively and I think they did the job. The ‘Cats won 67-58, thanks to defense and rebounding.
The Alabama Crimson Tide were coming off a four overtime win at South Carolina and were looking to capitalize on that with another win over a top 25 opponent. But UK didn’t let that happen. Even when they couldn’t buy a shot in the second half, they continued to play hard-nosed defense in order to pull away at the end.
Here is what we discussed:
- While Isaiah Briscoe gave me a headache for most of the game, he was fabulous in crunch time and was our player of the game
- Malik Monk played one of his better games
- Bam Adebayo was at his best but the SEC officiating got him in the end
- SEC officials are the worst in the country
- Lach wasn’t as enthused with the win as I was
- De’Aaron Fox still hasn’t been himself since the ankle injury
- The bench production was a huge bonus yesterday
- John Calipari showed tremendous confidence in Derek Willis at the end
- John Calipari’s postgame press conference
- And more!
The Wildcats will welcome in Tennessee on Tuesday night at 7:00 PM with revenge on their mind. The loss in Knoxville is what started their recent slide, but the ‘Cats are looking to put three wins in a row together. This is the part of their schedule that was built for them to make a run.
As always, check us out after the game on ESPN 680 in Louisville, or catch us on the various apps you can get on your smart phone.