clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Kentucky Basketball Recruiting: UK watches 2018 and 2019 recruits at City of Palms Classic

James Wiseman and Moses Brown were among the recruits UK watched this week.

USA Basketball

Kentucky Wildcats assistant coach Tony Barbee is on the recruiting trail, getting a look at some of UK’s top recruits in 2018 and ‘19.

Barbee has been spending time at the City of Palms Classic, where a host of highly-touted recruits are competing this week. So far, Barbee has watched power forward James Wiseman, the No. 1 player in the class of 2019 according to ESPN.

Barbee also watched 5-star wing Scottie Lewis and 5-star combo guard Bryan Antoine at the event.

Wiseman stands 6-11, and recently shut down rumors of him possibly reclassifying to 2018. He has 17 offers, including Kentucky, Alabama, Kansas, Florida, Vanderbilt, Missouri and Tennessee. Kentucky is the 100 percent favorite in his crystal ball.

Lewis, the No. 6 player on 247 Sports, has 24 offers, including Kentucky, Duke, Florida, Kansas and Harvard. Kentucky is the favorite in his crystal ball, with 57 percent of the predictions. Florida has 47 percent.

Antoine is the No. 7 player in the 2019 class and the No. 1 combo guard on 247 Sports. He has 17 offers, including offers from Arizona, Duke, Kentucky, Florida and Kansas. Duke currently has an 88 percent in his crystal ball while Kentucky has the other 12 percent.

One 2018 recruit that Barbee reportedly watched at this event was five-star center Moses Brown, who actually played quite well. The 7-foot big man is still considering UK, though a scholarship offer has not yet come from John Calipari.

Brown is still waiting until the spring decide, giving UK ample time to figure out who is leaving for the NBA Draft, and if that will lead to a free spot for Brown opening up.

Check out their highlight reels below.

And be sure to go 'like' our Facebook page and follow our Twitter page.