With the early signing period having come and gone, there aren’t a ton of recruits left on Kentucky’s radar. But there are still some major players out there that can jumpstart UK’s class right back into the top two.
Here’s an update on those remaining potential Cats.
- Immanuel Quickley (5 star, 8th overall) John Carroll School (Bel Air, MD) - SIGNED
- Romeo Langford (5-star, 5th overall) New Albany (New Albany, IN) - HOLDS OFFER
- Keldon Johnson (5-star, 14th overall) Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, VA) - SIGNED
- Tyler Herro (4 star, 36th overall) Whitnall High School (Greenfield, Wisconsin) - SIGNED
Kentucky landed Keldon Johnson and Tyler Herro since our last big board, setting them up with a great backcourt for next year, especially if they get any returning players at the guard spots. Quentin Grimes has been eliminated as he’s committed to Kansas. So too has Darius Garland since he’s committed to Vanderbilt.
- Zion Williamson (5-star, 2nd overall) Spartanburg Day School (Spartanburg, SC) - HOLDS OFFER
Williamson is pretty much the last forward left on UK’s 2018 board for now. The 5-star phenom isn’t giving up much information on his recruitment, but Kentucky and hometown Clemson seem to be the favorites. They are currently tied in his crystal ball, with each receiving 41 percent of the predictions. Simi Shittu is off the board as he committed to Vanderbilt, and R.J. Barrett is off the board as he committed to Duke.
- Moses Brown (5-star, 15th overall) Archbishop Molly (Jamaica, NY)
Brown is sort of, kind of back on the radar here. John Calipari and Tony Barbee visited him in early November and he’s still considering Kentucky for a visit. The only problem is he doesn’t have a scholarship offer. Bol Bol is off the board after having committed to Oregon.
Off The Board
- R.J. Barrett (committed to Duke)
- Bol Bol (committed to Oregon)
- Cameron Reddish (committed to Duke)
- Emmitt Williams (cut UK from list)
- Romeo Langford (cut UK from list)
- Simi Shittu (cut UK from list and committed to Vanderbilt)
- Louis King (cut UK and committed to Oregon)
- Naz Reid (cut UK and committed to LSU)
- Ja'Vonte Smart (committed to LSU)
- Shareef O’Neal (committed to Arizona...for now)
- David McCormack (cut UK and committed to Kansas)
- Jaxson Hayes (committed to Texas)
- Bryan Penn-Johnson (cut UK from list)
Note: Player rankings are based on 247 Sports composite rankings.
- John Calipari visiting Matthew Hurt
- Canadian recruit AJ Lawson visits UK
- Where the Cats stand in new ESPN mock draft
- Kentucky Basketball Film Room
- Jarred Vanderbilt hinting at return?
- Calipari says Baker could return at the end of the season
- Calipari opens up about how much longer he’ll coach at Kentucky
- Diallo wins weekly SEC Honor; Highlights of his big game vs Virginia Tech
- Zion Williamson battling foot injury
- All three 2018 UK signees in new 247 rankings