It’s the most wonderful time of the year is a familiar holiday refrain.
It also works for college football fans across the country, particularly if your school is those magic words- bowl eligible.
Fortunately, the Kentucky Wildcats are bowl eligible for the second consecutive year. The Cats are 7-5, 4-4 in SEC play under 5th year Head Coach Mark Stoops. Even though the season ended on a sour note with a 44-17 loss to Louisville, the Cats have the opportunity to finish the 2017 season with a victory in a bowl.
Where that bowl game takes place at and who they play, well, it’s up in the air.
On the surface, the Cats will likely be heading to one of the following: The Belk Bowl (Charlotte, NC), The Music City Bowl (Nashville, TN), or the Liberty Bowl (Memphis, TN.)
Several national media outlets have made their guesses. Let’s examine:
- 247 Sports- Liberty Bowl (vs. West Virginia)
- CBS Sports- Music City Bowl (vs. Purdue)
- ESPN (Kyle Bonagura)- Belk Bowl (vs. Wake Forest)
- ESPN (David M. Hale)- Liberty Bowl (vs. Iowa State)
- Sports Illustrated- Belk Bowl (vs. Florida State)
- NBC Sports- Music City Bowl (vs. Purdue)
- SB Nation- Music City Bowl (vs. Michigan)
- College Football News- Liberty Bowl (vs. Kansas State
The final bowl selection should take place after each of those conferences (SEC, Big 10, and Big 12) play their championship games this Saturday.