The Kentucky Wildcats came out winners last night 73-63 over the Utah Valley Wolverines.
While it was nip and tuck through most of the game, the young Cats were able to overcome a 12 point deficit to win their debut game against Kentucky great Mark Pope’s Utah Valley Wolverines.
Here is what we discussed:
- Cal’s decision to start Shai Gilgeous-Alexander over Quade Green turned out to be the right one.
- Hamidou Diallo and Kevin Knox need to be the go to guys when the Cats need a bucket.
- Wenyen Gabriel struggled to score but his 13 boards and energy gave the Cats the boost they needed.
- How about that zone?
- John Calipari’s entire postgame press conference along with our comments.
- Previewing Vermont.
- Nick Richards has a high ceiling.
- The Cats could have folded but battled through the score, their youth and inexperience to win. Which is a great sign.
- The SEC is no joke this season.
I’ll be back on the radio immediately following the football game against Vanderbilt today. Here is how you can listen:
Kentuckiana's Sports Talk Leader.— ESPN Louisville (@ESPN680) July 22, 2016
ESPN 680 | 105.7 FM
ESPN Radio, @tunein apps
☎️ Audio Now: 605-477-9680
You can also stream on iHearRadio. Call in at 502-267-9680.