It didn’t feel like a twenty-point victory, but the Kentucky Wildcats prevailed over the Auburn Tigers 92-72 at Rupp Arena last night, thanks in large part to the heroic efforts of Malik Monk down the stretch. He dropped 24 points and shot 50% from beyond the arch. He was simply amazing when his team needed him the most.
Here is more of what we discussed:
- Wenyen Gabriel had a fantastic night and has John Calipari’s trust in his abilities at the four spot for now
- Malik Monk and Isaiah Briscoe were elite down the stretch
- Man, that defense still needs a lot of work
- Auburn is a gutsy team
- John Calipari’s postgame press conference
- Bruce Pearl is trying to start a rivalry but Cal ain’t having it.
- Cal disses Pearl by saying he doesn’t think about him
- Bam is important but he isn’t the most important person on the team
- I was legitimately worried when De’Aaron Fox fouled out with over seven minutes remaining
- We were impressed with how the team performed with their star point guard on the bench
- Mychal Mulder and Dominique Hawkins played major minutes and helped out big time
- Why isn’t SKJ playing?
- Keys to victory vs. the Mississippi State Bulldogs
- The Kansas game can’t get here soon enough
We talk about all of that and more. The ‘Cats travel to Starkville on Tuesday night to take on Ben Howland’s feisty Dogs. Are the ‘Cats in danger of a road upset? We will talk about it directly after the game on ESPN 680 in Louisville. Don’t forget, you can stream it online or on the IHeartRadio App.