Yikes. The Kentucky Wildcats struggled to put away a pesky Vanderbilt Commodore team at Memorial Gym in Nashville. John Calipari’s team struggled with early foul trouble after going on a 9-0 run to start the game. They never fully recovered after both De’Aaron Fox and Malik Monk had to sit most of the first half.
But they improve to 4-0 in the SEC and are looking to extend their league winning streak before welcoming in a possible number one team in a couple of weeks.
Here is what we discussed:
- De’Aaron Fox and Isaiah Briscoe save the day
- Monk struggled but was clutch in the end
- What in the world was with that defense?
- Derek Wills and Wenyen Gabriel was less than great
- The bench has been disappointing and a non-factor
- Can we learn anything from this game?
- John Calipari’s postgame press conference
- What does UK need to do in order to cut down the nets?
- Why do they continue to forget about Bam Adebayo?
- How in the world did they not foul out Luke Kornet?
- UK makes mediocre point guards look like All-Americans
- A caller is not the biggest Derek Willis fan
- The Vandy fans suck and so do their athletic facilities
That last point represents me going off on a bit of a rant about all things Vanderbilt. Now the ‘Cats look to face a bad Auburn team at home on Saturday at 4:00 PM. Join us on ESPN 680 or stream it online or on iHeartRadio.