The NFL Draft was held this weekend and lives changed for many college athlete's and their families. It is also a time for all NFL fans to play Monday morning quarterback with their team's choices, how did your team do?
TWEETS OF THE WEEKEND
Rams probably stole the draft in the 6th with Josh Forrest. Tackling MACHINE. There's my draft tweet.— Brad Trill Stiene (@brad_theintern) April 30, 2016
YOUR WILDCAT QUICKIES
- The Kentucky Baseball team lost to Auburn (Sub-.500 team) on Saturday, assuring another series loss. This will be the third consecutive series lost by the 'Cats in what seems to be a trend of late season collapses for the program.
- John Wall was invited to and attended the White House Correspondents Dinner and took his mother with him. A pretty cool moment for Wall and great to see.
- I ran across a pretty cool site, it lists all the players past and present that were born in the State of Kentucky. There are some names on there I did not realize were Kentucky born.
- Some pretty cool stats on the UK-UL rivalry and streaks are the norm.
- Marques Bolden says that he is 'definitely close' to a college decision.
- Ever since Lamar Thomas left the University of Louisville he has taken to Twitter against their fans who love to troll him.
- This fall we are going to be seeing fire and ice with Darin Hinshaw and Eddie Gran's demeanors.
- Wildcat Nation discusses the understanding of why players opt for the one and done.
- You can also relive Wildcat Nation's opinion of the top 30 games to take place in the John Calipari era.
YOUR NON-WILDCAT QUICKIES
- David Ortiz told a 5-year old with a heart defect that he was going to go out and hit a Homerun for him... and he went out and did just that later that night.
- Triple Crown winner American Pharoah has been quite busy since being retired to stud.
- THIRTY of the early entrant college football players did NOT get drafted this weekend. This means those players can only hope of becoming signed free agents (and most will) and then hopefully making a team (much harder to do). As far as the SEC goes, Auburn's Peyton Barber, and Tennessee's Marquez North are among the unfortunate.
- Conor McGregor has gone from hinting at retirement to now taking a shot at the UFC as he wants a Diaz rematch.
- George Karl admits to some missteps in his relationship with DeMarcus Cousins and felt like he never fit. Could that 'Fit' be in the form of former fellow big man Patrick Ewing?
- Bruce Pearl and Auburn have taken on a talented transfer in DeSean Murray from Presbyterian. Murray averaged 20 points and 7 rebounds as a Sophomore.
- The NBA playoffs are officially down to their version of the Elite 8 after last night:
- Steph Curry is doubtful, but has not been ruled out for game 2 as he is shooting around at practice.
- Here is every NFL teams biggest draft whiff in their franchise history.
- Check out the behind the scenes nightmare that Laremy Tunsil experienced on draft night. Tunsil was a possible overall #1 pick before the Rams traded up, then he fell to #13 after some social media mistakes.
- Brad Keselowski won the GEICO 500 at Talladega Motor Speedway yesterday.
- Check out the video of Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan reuniting as friends
YOUR RANDOM QUICKIES
- My Top 5 Game of Thrones Characters
- Tyrion Lannister
- Daenerys Targaryen (Khaleesi)
- Ned Stark
- Jon Snow
- Brienne of Tarth
- Check out this crazy crash at a Brooklyn Bicycle race when the pace motorcycle stalled.
- I watched Furious 7 this weekend, I thought they did a phenomenal job sending off Paul Walker... and apparently there is a Furious 8 coming out in April of 2017 with Charlize Thereon as one of the villains.
- New Jersey's Six Flags will be soon unveiling a new 'Joker' 4D rollercoaster that seems to be pretty unsetttling if you do not like being flipped around and around.