The University of Kentucky Basketball team is holding a 'special' announcement at 2:30 today. Popular opinion is that our man Tyler Ulis will be declaring for the draft and moving his career to the next level.
The 5'9" dynamo is going to be missed dearly next season and for seasons to come. Below is where many of the major players are predicting Ulis to be drafted:
Feel free to check out my homage to Tyler here, and below I am going to embed many of the Tyler Ulis highlight videos for you to reminisce and maybe get a little misty-eyed.
TWEETS OF THE NIGHT
Paige made this ... pic.twitter.com/Y6VLYXyrJj— Ryan Fagan (@ryanfagan) April 5, 2016
I don't even know where to start. pic.twitter.com/GpbFaUOI0a— Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) April 6, 2016
Watching Demarcus Cousins in the Olympics go up against a guy from Algeria is going to be 100% entertainment.— Brad Trill Stiene (@brad_theintern) April 6, 2016
Devin Booker— Scott Charlton (@Scott_Charlton) April 6, 2016
6th 30+ pt gm of the season
Still 19 yrs old. Wow.#BBN
YOUR WILDCATS QUICKIES
- Our #13 ranked Baseball Wildcats take on the hated Louisville Cardinals tonight, the Cardinals are ranked #4 in the nation so it will be a game with national impact. First pitch is at 7:30 at Cliff Hagan Stadium and will be televised live on ESPNU.
Athletics (@UKAthletics) April 5, 2016
- Before the men of the diamond square off, the ladies also take on Louisville today at 5:30. Kentucky is ranked #12 and Louisville is ranked #25. It is a pretty cool thing that the two programs are playing on the same day, and all 4 programs are nationally ranked.
- Andy Buh leaving Kentucky for Maryland has created a void in the Special Teams progress that seemed to be underway this spring. Stoops does plan to address the void, the good thing is it is being addressed as it is a clear weakness that needs to be.
- The Kentucky Volleyball team got some work in during their spring session with two impressive wins over Xavier and Louisville.
- I think one of the surprising players this fall for the Football team is going to be Ryan Timmons. Timmons is a rising Senior who has been largely absent the last two years. I feel that Gran and Hinshaw are going to utilize in a proper role and find ways to highlight his abilities. Timmons is also feeling very optimistic about his role this season.
- Sean Woods and Anthony Epps know what Marcus Paige is feeling, being the ALMOST hero in a game of such a magnitude is the ultimate bridesmaid.
YOUR NON-WILDCATS QUICKIES
- Urban Meyer is in full PR mode after Landon Young's revelation that Urban Meyer called him and Kentucky Insubstantial. It has now made its way to ESPN as well.
- In what had to be the least shocking outcome, the UConn lady huskies beat Syracuse by 30 points to cap off a perfect season and win the women's national title.
- ESPN's Eamonn Brennan put out his way too early rankings for next college basketball season. He likes Duke #1, defending champ Villanova #2 and our 'Cats #3. A Marques Bolden commitment would likely vault UK to #1 in every publication, though.
- One of the best things about an ending like we had Monday night, is the videos of the fans reacting to the moment. Here is a comprehensive collection of the Villanova fan reactions for when Jenkins hit the shot. Also, if you have not listened to the Villanova team stream of the final play, do yourself a favor and check that out.
- New England Patriots fans are seeking a legal route to get draft picks back for their beloved ball club from the 'deflategate' scandal.
- Roger Goodell has indicated that the NFL Playoffs are going to expand soon.
- The hype train has officially begun on LeBron James JUNIOR.
- SI's Pete Thamel pontificates who could be Roy Williams replacement at UNC whenever he decides to step away.
- How do you win at Augusta? Long Tee Shots and accurate approaches according to Sean Zak.
- Vanderbilt's Wade Baldwin has declared for the NBA draft
- Giancarlo Stanton dropped an absolute BOMB with a capita B last night.
- Here is Peyton Manning in a Nashville dive bar singing Rocky Top
YOUR RANDOM QUICKIES
- If you have seen 'The Wolf of Wall Street' with Leonardo DiCaprio, Martin Scorsese, it is possible that the money used to fund the production was actually diverted Malaysian government money. The director nor the actor were believed to be any part of it but it's crazy that something involving those two titans could be a part of this.
- Every Tuesday before the Masters, the prior winners gather for a dinner of champions. The prior year's winner choses the menu, this year it was Jordan Spieth's turn, check it out here.
- If you think Donald Trump having a fake tan is silly... consider the alternative, yikes.
- If you are going to try and scam someone by making them think you have kidnapped their kid... you may want to make sure the 'victim' actually has a kid.
- If you have spent more than a few hours on the internet in your lifetime, or even watched a home video show, you have seen some idiot lay down and put a golf ball on a tee, in their mouth... then have their friend try and drive the ball without hitting them. I am amazed that this does not happen more often.
- How dare someone order a pizza from Dominos right at closing time!!
- Virtual reality is starting to make a significant push to be a household item, it also may be the future of live sporting events.
- If you like Dale Earnhardt Jr. and you like Banana and Mayonnaise sandwiches, you may be his soulmate. I am not sure if he really does like it, or is getting paid, but the idea of it makes me cringe.