The revised notice of allegations is out on the University of North Carolina and there are now two very interesting changes and omissions compared to the previous one.
The Men's Basketball team has magically been omitted from any allegations in the decades long academic scandal at the University of North Carolina. Not only are they no longer a part of the allegations, the timing of the accusations was moved from 2002 to the fall of 2005.
The significance of that is that the Men's team won a basketball national title a few months prior to the fall of 2005. This essentially assures that not only will the national title be safe, so will the entire basketball program. There is no real explanation as to why this revision has taken place.
The NCAA will likely hide behind the sham of it being an internal academic issue and not an athletic one or some facsimile. At this point the NCAA is a complete joke of an organization.
The Memphis Tigers and John Calipari had ONE player who might not have taken his ACT yet the school had to vacate a final four and 38 wins. Donnie Tyndall has an unprecedented 10 YEAR show cause which has all but ruined his coaching career. The reason was centered around 4 players and questions of financial aid and academic impropriety.
However, the University of North Carolina has a systemic sham going on at an institutional level, involving hundreds of players, and it seems as though nothing will come of it. The sheer enormity of the transgressions, combined with the seeming indifference by the NCAA is astounding.
If you wrote a movie based on the real-life actions of the NCAA and the inconsistent actions, it would get laughed off the screen for being so poorly conceived.
The NCAA has made one thing clear, cheat.... cheat all you want and as long as enough people at your university take part, the better your odds of indifference. One rogue guy does something, they'll blast him to Siberia (Derrick Rose, Donnie Tyndall). However, get the entire University involved and be a big enough name and you'll skate free.
Hell, the University of Louisville needs to take advantage of this and get the most corrupt University President in America involved and show that he basically signed off on the UL transgressions from the top. The NCAA is likely to not only accept the self-punishment, they might reward their 'integrity' for it. However, if they keep singing the rogue employee tune, they are likely to get the death penalty... apparently.
The NCAA needs to disband, they really serve ZERO purpose, other than creating headlines for lunacy. If the NCAA were a business they would be ENRON... and my apologies to the ENRON guys for lumping them together.
TWEETS OF THE NIGHT
Is this really what the league has come to? pic.twitter.com/9m1bd5Ip4I— Bostons Diehards (@BDiehards) April 26, 2016
YOUR WILDCAT QUICKIES
- I encourage you to check out this interview with 2017 QB Mac Jones by former Wildcat QB Freddie Maggard. I am highly impressed with the kid's thinking on some of these questions. Very mature and beyond his years.
- While you are reading about UK QBs, I would love for you to check out my piece on the progression and maturation of the current starting UK QB, Drew Barker.
- UK Hoops coach Matthew Mitchell will be going on Kentucky Sports Radio as well as holding a press conference to assumedly discuss the state of his program, and hopefully what the heck is going on. Mitchell has seen 6 players leave his program, along with 2 assistants, and recruits opening up their recruitment.
- Tyler Ulis, Skal Labissiere, Jamal Murray, Marcus Lee, and Isaiah Briscoe are the five Wildcats officially on the early entrant draft list. Keep in mind though, it does not make it official that Lee and Briscoe are going, they have time to withdraw.
- Coach Calipari was announced as the UK Coach of the year at the Catspys... he then called up Tyler Ulis and gave it to him instead.
- Here are pictures from the Catspys.
- Check out my spot with The Sports Huddle yesterday, we chatted about when to retire jerseys at UK.
- Wildcat Blue Nation says to expect a possible breakout season from Dominique Hawkins.
- If you have not seen the basketball players singing Karaoke inside a car and to a girl at a fast food drive thru, check it out here, pretty cool.
YOUR NON-WILDCAT QUICKIES
- The Clippers playoff chances took a major hit when they lost Blake Griffin for the season and Chris Paul had surgery on his dominant hand and is out indefinitely.
- Sam Bradford feels blindsided by the Eagles plan to draft a QB high in the draft.
- Former LSU QB and #1 pick Jamarcus Russell wants to come back to the NFL and he would even play for free to do it.
- Skip Bayless is leaving ESPN for Fox Sports, if you are a fan of ESPN this is good news... if you are a fan of nonsense coming out of a man's mouth on a consistent basis, just start watching Fox Sports now. Do yourself a favor and check out some of the most ridiculous 'hot takes' to come from him.
- With Kobe Bryant stepping away from the game, it makes the Lakers job less appealing. So who should be the next coach in LaLa Land.
- One of the greatest of all time has an opinion on another sport's one of the greatest of all time. Michael Jordan does not think Tiger Woods will be 'Great' again.
YOUR RANDOM QUICKIES
- Check out this dude on the price is right giving a shout out to all the sick kids staying home from school to watch the show.
- This might be in the minority... but I hate the face swap pictures.
- This video of Ariana Grande and Jimmy Fallon having a conversation with each other via lip syncing hit songs, it is pretty entertaining.
- People that like to tweet personal insults, or even crossing the line into harassment are the worst kind of people out there. These two women sports reporters had men read aloud some actual tweets sent to them by keyboard heroes. The point was to show how harsh it would be in person to hopefully make people think twice in the future.
- There is actually a new 'Star Wars' clothing line coming out.
- Things at the restaurant 'Chipotle' have yet to recover, sales continue to plummet.
- If you do not want to have nightmares, skip this post, a Denver based company makes masks and makes them scarily real. Check out the Trump, Hillary, and Bernie ones in this link.