Before we get into it, I would love to know where the readers and friends of A Sea of Blue stand on something. This time of year you are in one of two camps, you either have a single "Sheet of Integrity" or you are "Full of Sheets?"
Personally, I used to be a multi-sheet guy, I would generally make a pro-UK bracket where they won the title, then I would make an honest bracket for the years that UK had no chance of winning it all. I also would make two different upset special brackets where all hell would break loose and then one where there was a few big time Cinderella's and then some very early crazy upsets.
I think it changed when I decided to stick with one bracket for every contest I entered just so I could claim that I actually did call an upset when one happened vs. it just randomly happening on one of my 4-5 brackets. Anyway, there is no right or wrong, but which are you?
On to the brackets, I spent a lot of time last night looking at the seeds, and analyzing the brackets. Not necessarily to predict winners and losers but more to see how crazy some of the seeds were. For instance, Oregon as a #1 is a joke, their value and resume screams 3-seed.
Also having Xavier as a two seed is funny... considering both West Virginia, and Kentucky who are seeded below them are ranked above Xavier in all advanced metrics. Utah is the most overrated #3 seed in a while also.
So, here are each region's top 4 seeds and then where they rank in KenPom, BPI, RPI, and TeamRankings.com power rankings.
Kentucky's region may not be the overall toughest, but it is certainly the toughest top 4 seeds. It is a top heavy loaded bracket. Looking at the above numbers the average aggregate ranking of each region is East at 8.3, 10.5 for the South, and 13 for both the Midwest and West.
Using the above numbers I decided to re-seed the top four in serpentine order to get a more fair grouping. What is amazing to me is that I can do something like after about an hour of analysis, how in the hell do we have an entire committee who cannot get out of their own agendas to make unbiased match-ups.
So, you can fuss all you want and complain and point out terrible decisions but at the end of the day, the games will be played on the court and that is where we are now. So, Big Blue Nation, sit back and watch the fun run this team is about to provide.
*FYI... there is an F-Bomb in the video below, watch at your own risk.
TWEETS OF THE WEEKEND
(Yes, I know one of these is mine, but I am damn proud of it, lol)
Tim Sullivan says he has more confidence that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone than Andre McGee.— Chris Fisher (@ChrisFisher247) March 13, 2016
If someone hates you for no reason, give them a reason.— Manstagram♻️ (@Manstagram_) March 14, 2016
Sorry in advance about everyone's team ending up in the hardest bracket in the worst city at the worst time on the worst day— Adam Himmelsbach (@AdamHimmelsbach) March 13, 2016
Jay Williams (@RealJayWilliams) March 13, 2016
Calipari on Ulis: "He's the player of the year in the country and everybody knows it."— TheCatsPause247 (@TheCatsPause247) March 13, 2016
YOUR WILDCAT QUICKIES
- Shameless plug, check out my post from last night that goes over the likely roadmap to Houston. Of course, it will all be moot since it is March Madness and will likely be a completely insane tournament.
- This is such an awesome moment captured by TV... Tyler Ulis was going up for the three pointer that would give him 29 points and a career high. In the background, directly on Tyler's shoulder is his dad. (white Ulis Jersey)
- The Bat Cats have won 9 straight games and wrapped up a 3-game sweep of South Carolina Upstate yesterday.
- The Lady Bat Cats also had their brooms out this weekend as they swept the non-Upstate version of South Carolina. Kelsey Nunley continued her lights out pitching with 6 strong innings vs. the Gamecocks.
- So why did Texas A&M get a higher seed than the team that just beat them on a neutral court? Here is your 'answer'... sort of, lol.
- Coach Cal decided to unload on the Selection Committee and the amazing inconsistency year in and year out.
- Doug Gottlieb has decided to jump on the BBN Bandwagon and he has came out to say he thinks Kentucky is going to win the whole thing.
- Here is the Kentucky Wildcats TV video of the 'Cats big win over Texas A&M to fulfill their 29th SEC Championship.
- Here is a good write-up on how Kentucky has fared in the NCAA tournament in the history of the event.
- Ever wondered how the Football Staff finds future 'Cats, check out how.
YOUR NON-WILDCAT QUICKIES
- LSU has 3-4 NBA players on their team including the future #1 pick in Ben Simmons. They somehow found a way to NOT make the NCAA Tournament. Coach Johnny Jones has decided that the Bayou Bengals will not be participating in any post season tournaments. Good grief what a dumpster fire in Baton Rouge.
- The NCAA Tournament bracket was leaked ahead of time and the NCAA is not too happy about it.
- Vegas, who are a group of gambling witches that never seem to miss, has released their projections for the winners of the tournament. Kansas has been tabbed the favorite, then Michigan State, North Carolina, Virginia, Villanova, Kentucky, Oregon, Oklahoma: That is at least 6 teams seeded higher than us that we are favored over, LOL.
- Here is ESPN saying who they think is the 10 hottest and 10 coldest teams in America going into the NCAA Tournament.
- The Denver Broncos has to replace Peyton Manning, and Brock Osweiler; they think Ryan Fitzpatrick is not going to be in their financial ballpark.
- Sports Illustrated decided to scout each bracket, check them out here: the South, the East, the Midwest, the West.
- Former UK killer and SEC dominator Dak Prescott was arrested this weekend for a DUI.
- Sports Illustrated's Five biggest snubs of the tournament are San Diego State (25-9), Valpairaso (26-6), Saint Mary's (27-5), St. Bonaventure (22-8), and Monmouth (27-7).
- Is it possible that Johnny Football's career might be over? SI thinks it is possible.
- Meanwhile, in the D league, Aaron Craft gets some kudos for his hustle on this play.
YOUR RANDOM QUICKIES
- My Top-5 Movies of All-Time
- The Godfather
- Creed (yes, that creed, i don't care)
- Somebody took all of the footage so far of the Batman vs. Superman and made an 11-minute supercut of what is out there so far. If you have 11 minutes and you are remotely interested in the movie you need to watch it.
- If you do not like spiders then move one, apparently there is such a thing as a fish eating spider, seriously.
- Wal-Mart is no longer the most hated Retail operation, that dubious award now goes to Abercrombie and Fitch.
- Robert Duvall is an iconic actor and if you have watched more than 2-3 movies, you have seen him in something and something good. Here is a lot of cool information you didn't know about him.
- In the market for a phone? Here are the top 15 of the year.
- Want to get an apartment in New York for just $700/mth, it is simple, just rent one of these NINETY SQUARE FOOT apartments.
- You think you may know the Chick-Fil-A menu like the back of your hand, I do anyway, but did you know that there are some Chick-Fil-A locations that offer hamburgers, steak, fried okra and other stuff????? MIND BLOWN.