I know that the Denver defense is the real MVP of the game and they were all year, but chances are Manning is going to be walking away from the game. Peyton Manning is a surefire Hall of Famer and one of the best (if not the best) QB to play the game.
There have been 200 quarters played in the Super Bowl, and that was Manning's NFL record 200th win. He will be walking away with two Super Bowl rings and some absurd stats.
He is also a 5-time NFL MVP, the most in history, he truly has nothing left to prove and he has been a true professional while doing it all.
Kudos to you Peyton.
TWEETS OF THE NIGHT (fair warning, lots of them)
I can’t wait for the Super Bowl babies commercial that’s just Antonio Cromartie and his 12 kids.— Kami Mattioli (@kmattio) February 8, 2016
Must be more "irregular" Americans than one would think.— Freddie Maggard (@FredMaggard) February 8, 2016
Someone get Talib a snickers. He's not himself when he's hungry. pic.twitter.com/6xMcBLRun3— Megan Allen (@JetlifeMegs) February 8, 2016
Peyton manning out here saving every defensive play he sees in his hard drive pic.twitter.com/zAQd04nj5C— Chef Lyfe (@ChefLyfe) February 8, 2016
Yeah, I don't have to win the Super Bowl to drink a bunch of Budweiser— not Johnny Manziel (@JohnnyFootbalI) February 8, 2016
what if they tried to pour Gatorade on Peyton's head and the bucket got stuck— Myles Brown (@mdotbrown) February 8, 2016
My cousin from Nigeria keeps asking me what shirts are they getting smh!! #superbowl50— Prince Amukamara (@PrinceAmukamara) February 8, 2016
YOUR WILDCAT QUICKIES
- Kentucky Football Alumni now has a very very recent Super Bowl Champion in Danny Trevathan. Trevathan was a nobody 2-star in high school who came to UK and become one of the best linebackers in the best conference in America. He went to the Broncos and immediately earned playing time and a starting spot. Now he has a Super Bowl Ring in a game where he recovered two fumbles and made a team high 8 tackles.
- Kentucky Defensive Backs coach and newly anointed Co-Defensive Coordinator was saved once from another team, but when Nick Saban comes calling, there is not a whole lot UK can do. Derrick Ansley is apparently leaving UK to take a position on Nick Saban's staff at Alabama. Some early rumblings as to who Stoops may look to replace him is legendary safety Ed Reed, apparently Drake Jackson likes it.
Ed Reed?— Drake Jackson (@THE_DRAKE_52) February 7, 2016
- In more Kentucky Football news, they received a commitment from a Michigan transfer and former top 100 player in Brian Cole. Cole will play for UK in 2017 and is likely to get a first look at Safety, but could end up as a WR.
- Continuing the UK Football avalanche, once again Mark Stoops released a local Super Bowl commercial for the upcoming year and I think it was a homerun. Each year has been hype for the future, build something special, etc. However, Stoops knows the foundation has been built and now it is time to FINISH. Many players and former players were tweeting the hashtag and the video was simple, yet powerful.
- UK Hoops Senior Janee Thompson led the ladies to a win vs. LSU in Memorial Coliseum yesterday, ending a three game skid.
- Here is a link to the postgame press conference with Coach Calipari. The two questions I was able to ask him were #1; Did Isaac Humphries earn future playing time to which he answered Absolutely. My second question was about Cal taking the air out of the ball and if he thought it was something that this team just could not do. For a lot of UK fans, this drives them crazy and they feel it costs us games (I am in that camp), but based off his answer, it is never going to change. Basically he feels if he gets up 20, unless his team screws it up, the should win.
YOUR NON-UK RELATED QUICKIES
- The Broncos forced 4 Carolina turnovers to help preserve the win and Von Miller was named the Super Bowl MVP. If you would like to read more about the game, just hit up ESPN.com and they may have a story or two about the game, lol.
- The Seattle Seahawks All-Pro Running Back Marshawn Lynch is telling people in not so many words that he is 'hanging up his cleats'. I was actually just reading an article about how Lynch has amassed just under $50 million in his playing career and has not spent a single dime of that money yet.
Shawn Lynch (@MoneyLynch) February 8, 2016
- What did the food and drink cost at Super Bowl 50? Quite a bit to no surprise of anyone, $13 for a beer, $15 for popcorn, $7 for peanuts, $11 Jumbo Hot Dog, and a $10 slice of pizza.
- YouTube is one of the leading multimedia platforms on the planet, we all know that, but did you know that the reason YouTube originated was because of the famous Janet Jackson Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction? The originator did not see it happen and was frutstrated that he could not find it anywhere on line the next day.
- There were a few absurd shots this weekend ranging from local (Male) to national (Pacers).
- There were a lot of prop bets for the Super Bowl, here is a complete list of the completed ones.
- Cam Newton simply says that 'We Got Outplayed' in the loss.
- Peyton Manning twice said he was going to go drink a lot of Budweiser after the game, of course Twitter immediately jumped to Manning being paid by Budweiser to do it. Apparently, he was not paid to do that.
- I am really really tired of the Jordan crying meme, it is played out and needs to flame out. Having said that, this was fantastic.
lol oh my god pic.twitter.com/DYNaql672q— Meninist (@MeninistTweet) February 8, 2016
- You can check out every movie trailer that appeared during the Super Bowl.
- So, which commercials did you like or dislike? For me, the funnies was the Doritos ultrasound commercial. The absolute worst one, and maybe worst of all-time, was the Mountain Dew Monkey/Puppy/Baby one, yikes. Honorable mention good ones to the Prius commercial and the T-Mobile Steve Harvey commercial.
- If you are so inclined, here is a website to re-watch any/all of the Super Bowl commercials.