Kentucky kept the train rolling last night by handling the Tide and rolling them right out of Rupp by 25 points. Kentucky was lead in scoring by Jamal Murry scoring 23 (his 7th straight 20+ game) and by Tyler Ulis and his double double (4th in last 6 games) of 19 points and 10 assists.
The 'Cats also saw Alex Poythress return to action in a much needed form. Alex scored 14 points and looked comfortable while doing it. He is a key to any kind of run that the 'Cats may want to make. Without his presence and Willis being the 'Starting Lineup' Willis, we are a sweet 16 team at best.
One of the things I touched on in the post game takeaways was Calipari's defensive coaching abilities. UK held Alabama to under 42% from the field, this is the 12th straight SEC team that has been held under that mark. The last time that happened was wayyyyy back in 1951.
TWEETS OF THE NIGHT
Jamal Murray is averaging 25.4 points over the last seven games. Tyler Ulis is averaging 10.2 assists over the last five. That's insane.— Kyle Tucker (@KyleTucker_CJ) February 24, 2016
Let's face it, we knew Ben Simmons was going to go to waste for a year in college the day he committed to LSU.— Adam (@G2_Blog) February 24, 2016
Tyler Ulis has now set a school-record for double-digit assist games (5).— TheCatsPause247 (@TheCatsPause247) February 24, 2016
Pat Adams gave a Technical to Ben Simmons tonight...I knew he hated Australians— Matt Jones (@KySportsRadio) February 24, 2016
YOUR WILDCAT QUICKIES
- In Case you were asleep all day yesterday and just woke up and immediately came to our site and read this post... Jason Hatcher was dismissed from the UK Football team. Hatcher has been in trouble with the staff on multiple occasions and he was arrested for drug TRAFFICKING yesterday morning. The charge is very serious and could result in prison time for Hatcher. He was dismissed within hours of the announcement and leaves a gaping hole at outside linebacker going into the spring. I encourage you to read Will Marshall's article on the implications of losing Hatcher. Spoiler alert, it is not going to be near as bad as you may think.
- Kentucky's All-American Softball player, Kelsey Nunley, has been nominated and is a finalist for a CLASS award. The award is geared toward seniors who have used their athletic platform to impact the community.
- I chatted with ESPN Radio Lexington's The Sports Huddle during my normal Tuesday appearance. We chatted about a variety of topics including Jason Hatcher, Skal, Tyler Ulis, Isaac Humphries and such.
- UK Athletics is having an amazing giveaway for the final home game vs. LSU. Check out the list below for the prizes and here is the link to the site discussing it if you want to partake.
YOUR NON-WILDCAT QUICKIES
- One thing is for certain, Robert Griffin III will not be a Redskin next year. I am not sure I can remember a farther fall from grace in such a short period of time.
- The Toronto Blue Jays Jose Bautista is seeking a 5-year 150 Million Dollar deal. It is an absurd ask, and I am sure someone will give him the contract, because MLB GM's are the dumbest financial people in the history of finance. One thing Joey Bats is best known outside of baseball people for is the infamous bat flip during the playoffs on a walk-off homerun.
- The NFL Combine is coming up very soon and Sports Illustrated has a primer for you on what to expect from the event.
- Regarding the combine, we can all remember some of the players who seemingly came out of nowhere to be a top 10 pick based on their combine. Here is a list of five combine 'phenoms' who turned into real life busts.
- Continuing on the combine theme, during the interview process, teams are known to try and shock the player with a question to test their response. Here are some questions that Austen Lane was asked.
- Much like Chad Ford likes to go back and edit his draft projections after the draft has happened... what would NFL teams have changed about their 2015 draft picks. It is pretty cool to see the potential changes and think how they would effect those teams.
- Here is one person's account of their time on the Gronk party ship. He called it the best vacation of his life
- Storm The Court listed the teams from each conference with the best chance at a Final Four. Kentucky was of course the SEC choice, they also have a podcast with former 'Cat Jon Hood at the end.
- The Detroit Lions could have a major uniform change coming.
- Expect the Tennessee Titans to look at an Offensive Lineman with the #1 overall pick.
- Hall of Famer Michael Strahan has some jacked up fingers from his time in the NFL. Check out this link where he discusses and even shows off some of the damage in his ligaments.
- There were at least two pretty awesome buzzer beaters last night:
YOUR RANDOM QUICKIES
- If you are a fan of 'The Biggest Loser', you likely saw the season finale monday night. You know about Colby taking $50,000 in exchange for a 3 pound disadvantage at the final weigh-in. He was not even close to winning the grand prize so it was a savvy move on his part. He discusses why he did it in this article.
- Ok, so I saw an article discussing what the best breakfast biscuit is. I have a rotation of 5 that I will go to when I like to treat myself on weekends to them.
- Bojangles Cajun Chicken Filet Biscuit
- Hardees Chicken Biscuit
- Chick-Fil-A Chicken Biscuit
- Dunkin Donuts Chicken Bacon Swiss Croissant
- Burger King Chicken Croissant
- These two guys decided to participate in a wheelchair race at the Buffalo airport... it did not go quite as planned.
- You want a nice poop your pants moment? Check out this video of a guy who found out he had an Anaconda in his house and decided to touch it.
- I posted in the Monday Quickies the 'just suck it up Lebron' lady... well, it turns out that she is actually worth a solid 2.4 Billion Dollars. She is actually Judy Love, of the 'Loves Travel Stops' gas stations/convenience stores. I would probably come at LeBron also if I was worth that much.
- This girl has a disease which causes one of her legs to be much larger than the other and she has been bullied for it since she was 15. People are just awful, we are due for a plague, I am guessing a lot of her being bullied is because she is actually very attractive and people do not like that.
- Apparently the cast of 'Friends' were just hooking up with each other during the show's run