Our Wildcats took to the floor without Alex Poythress once again in hopes to keep on track and improving for March. The Wildcats obliged by dominating the Bulldogs all night and ended up winning by 34 on the back of Jamal Murray's 24 points.
Murray has stroked the ball from three the last two games and may be turning into a Jodie Meeks-eque scorer for this team. Derek Willis continued his strong play with 14 points and 6 rebounds, and Tyler Ulis with is seemingly average day at the office of 14 points, 8 assists, 3 steals.
In somewhat surprising fashion, we saw Skal Labissiere get 6 points and 7 rebounds and Charles Matthews get 7 points and 5 rebounds. The 'Cats played like a team that could make a run and continue a string of strong games (Sans a Knoxville trip) to finish out this regular season.
TWEET(S) OF THE NIGHT
Just once I'd like a scandal that doesn't so prominently feature bodily fluids.— Cardinal Laws (@CardinalLaws) February 9, 2016
YOUR WILDCAT QUICKIES
- Alex Poythress did not play Saturday because of a sore knee, he did not play last night because he has apparently had a minor knee surgery that will sideline him for 10-14 days. Looks like Isaac Humphries and Tai Wynyard may get a chance to steal some minutes.
- Redshirt Freshman Will Jackson has been dismissed form the Kentucky Football team for a violation of team rules. Your never want to see a player get booted, but considering we needed a spot for a former top-100 recruit transfer (Brian Cole) from that same position, it is a net gain.
- Kentucky's Baseball team is going to be blessed with arms this spring. They return their entire weekend rotation (top 3 pitchers that will be starting conference weekend series games) they have Sophomore Zach Logue a year older and better for an embarrassment of riches. Read about him here from UK Athletics.
- High School Basketball has a Naismith player of the year award and you would think Coach Cal had recruited a few by now, but the last time a future Wildcat one the Naismith award was 1995 Ron Mercer. This year there is at least a 30% chance we will get one. Malik Monk, DeAaron Fox, and Bam Adebayo are 3 of the 10 finalists.
- Devin Booker's veteran teammates decided to let Mr. Booker know he was still a rookie with a phenomenal prank. They filled his car with packing peanuts, lol.
- "Dancing Guy" in Rupp Arena picked up a young girl and tried to be a little too smooth, ended up falling down the stairs with her.
Matt Jones (@KySportsRadio) February 10, 2016
- Kentucky Sports Radio's Matt Jones was able to secure an interview with Louisville Prostitute scandal madame Katina Powell. He had to hold the interview at an undisclosed location due to security concerns and kudos to him for a solid interview. He even pressed Powell about her daughters being part of it and asked her if she felt bad on multiple occasions. There were some quite entertaining things said... but I will leave that to you if you want to check it out here is the entire recap and link to the audio. I will say, the most intriguing part to me is that she estimated 7-8 of the 2013 National Championship team's players were regulars.
YOUR NON-WILDCAT QUICKIES
- ESPN is continuing an all-time rankings for NBA players and they are counting down the top overall NBA greats. They released number 6 in Larry Bird.
- Concussion or extreme hangover... apparently Johnny Manziel can interchange the two?
- Roy Williams collapsed in the team huddle last night and was helped off the floor and did not return. The school confirmed he had a mild bout of vertigo, which has happened in the past. Since he is ok, we are free to laugh about the below tweet. If you are on Twitter and NOT following @DaggumRoy you are doing it wrong. He tweeted this right after Roy collapsed
I'm hit.— Daggum Roy (@DaggumRoy) February 10, 2016
- Jim Harbaugh and Michigan are trying a Calipari-esque event by having the team travel to Florida for Spring Break and have a few practices at IMG Academy. The SEC is trying to put a stop to it on the basis of time constraints for spring practices.
- Everybody is up in arms over Cam Newton leaving the press conference early. I am not near as down on him as he was very professional right after the game, congratulated Peyton with a big smile. He was also about 5 feet away from the Denver Broncos also conducting their post game player quotes and I can only imagine he was tired of hearing it. He came out and admitted to being a sore losertoday, which is not the best reaction to give the media, but it is an honest one. He also had this to say:
Who likes to lose? You show me a good loser and I'm going to show you a loser.
The funny thing is he has taken some more flak for saying it, but it is not his quote, it is Vince Lombadi's.
- You must watch this Mix-Tape of Vince Carter's time as a Raptor, shew-wee he was filthy in his day.
- If you have not seen it yet, the Louisville Strength and Conditioning coach is quite amped up during the Duke loss.
- The New York Mets are going to bring back the 1986 uniforms as an alternate one for the season. I personally think they should just wear them every game.
- Six women have filed a lawsuit against the University of Tennessee for failure to properly investigate their claims. With the Baylor scandal going on this is not a good look for UT. They are claiming five different UT athletes, 4 former players and one current football player were involved.
- Here is a list of the richest football players of all time. Spoiler Alert it is Peyton Manning at 230 Million Dollars.
YOUR RANDOM QUICKIES
- Kanye West apparently thinks Bill Cosby is innocent... in related news he thinks the UL scandal is made up, the moon landing was faxed, 9/11 was an inside job and O.J. Actually was innocent.
- Kim Kardashian's best friend is starting a school for the affluent... it will teach the priviliged about types of caviar, the quality of diamonds, and other need to knows in this world (ROLLEYES). Can you imagine the entitlement and staunch elitism in that school, wow.
- The Walking Dead starts back this Sunday, which is pretty much all I need for my Valentine's Day
- I have seen the first two episodes of 'The People vs. O.J. Simpson' and I am impressed so far. They have apparently stayed very true to the actual events that took place leading up to the verdict.
- Kudos to Sports Illustrated for attempting to tear down the swimsuit model stereotypes by adding a plus size model to their lineup in Ashley Graham.
- So why did the Neanderthals go extinct? Scientist think it might have been the more modern humans basically taking over and keeping the Neanderthals from developing.
- Does your significant other hog your side of the bed, you could use a laser pointer to split the bed into halves like this couple did.
- If you are also looking forward to 'Fuller House' here is a new two minute trailer to give you a preview of the updated hijinks