The Kentucky Wildcats have released the updated roster for the 2015-16 college basketball season.
The list includes each player's roster number for the upcoming season, as well as their class designation, which is notable for senior power forward Alex Poythress. After missing most of last year with a torn ACL, Poythress could get a medical redshirt and having one more season of eligibility in 2016-17 if he wants it.
That said, the hope is Poythress returns fully this upcoming season, has a great year and then gets selected in the 2016 NBA Draft.
Here's a look at the full roster released by UK Athletics:
|4||Charles Matthews||G||Freshman||6'6"||189 lbs||Chicago||Ill.||St. Rita High School|
|13||Isaiah Briscoe||G||Freshman||6'3"||202 lbs||Newark||N.J.||Roselle Catholic High School|
|23||Jamal Murray||G||Freshman||6'4"||207 lbs||Kitchiner||Athlete Institute|
|10||Jonny David||G||Freshman||6'2"||175 lbs||Pittsburgh||Pa.||Mt. Lebanon|
|15||Isaac Humphries||F||Freshman||7'0"||260 lbs||Sydney||Australia||La Lumiere School|
|1||Skal Labissiere||F||Freshman||6'11"||225 lbs||Port-au-Prince||Haiti||Lausanne Collegiate School|
|32||Dillon Pulliam||G||Sophomore||6'3"||180 lbs||Cynthiana||Ky.||Transylvania University|
|3||Tyler Ulis||G||Sophomore||5'9"||160 lbs||Lima||Ohio||Marian Catholic|
|0||Marcus Lee||F||Junior||6'9"||224 lbs||Antioch||Calif.||Deer Valley|
|25||Dominique Hawkins||G||Junior||6'0"||190 lbs||Richmond||Ky.||Madison Central|
|11||Mychal Mulder||G||Junior||6'4"||185 lbs||Windsor||Canada||Vincennes University|
|24||EJ Floreal||G||Junior||6'4"||203 lbs||Palo Alto||Calif.||Dunbar|
|35||Derek Willis||F||Junior||6'9"||220 lbs||Mt. Washington||Ky.||Bullitt East|
|22||Alex Poythress||F||Senior||6'8"||230 lbs||Clarksville||Tenn.||Northeast|
- Freshman big man Isaac Humphries is the tallest (7-0) and biggest (206 lbs) Wildcat on this year's roster.
- Freshman guard Charles Matthews measured in at 6-6 after many recruiting services had him listed at 6-5.
- Junior Mychal Mulder comes in as a 6-4 guard after some services had him pegged as a 6-5 wing.
- Freshman guard Jamal Murray comes in at 6-4 after some services had him at 6-5.
- Junior forward Marcus Lee is now up to 224 pounds after coming to UK barely at 200 pounds as a freshman in 2013.
- Tyler Ulis is 5-9 in case you hadn't heard.
My one roster observation: Alex Poythress lost 8 pounds. In all other areas of life, a feat, but still trying to put muscle back on his leg.— Tyler Thompson (@MrsTylerKSR) August 28, 2015
FACT: There is no #12 on UK's basketball roster this year. UK has won their last 4 titles without a #12. Sorry, @MarkKrebsJr. #KrebsJinx— T.J. Beisner (@Beisner_cn2) August 28, 2015