It was a historic day Saturday when American Pharoah became the first horse since 1978 to win the Triple Crown when he won the 147th Belmont Stakes.
With the win, American Pharoah was able to do something 13 horses since 1978 weren't able to accomplish. Those horses won both the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes but fell short in the Belmont Stakes. Pharoah ended the drought in dominating fashion with an easy win Saturday, which came after an easy win at the Preakness in Pharoah's previous race.
Tweet of the Day:
The dog ate Cardale Jones' Twitter password.
- Continue to enjoy the ride that Calipari is giving each Big Blue fan.
- Live Stream of Tai Wynyard in Quarterfinals of FIBA 3-on-3 World Championships.
- Lafayette offensive lineman Landon Young is getting bigger, and so is his national recruiting profile.
- Florida advances to first College World Series since 2012.
- The Knicks may like Willie Cauley-Stein, but they may be focusing on Justise Winslow with the No. 4 pick.
- UCLA is expecting Jonah Bolden to be a key player in 2015-16 once he recovers from knee surgery.
Other sports news