The landscape of college football recruiting could dramatically change today if an early signing period is implemented.
The Collegiate Commissioners Association is expected to vote today on a proposal that would create another three-day signing window from Dec. 16-18. As of now, the only time athletes can begin signing letters of intent with a school begins in early February.
Mark Stoops said an early signing period may have helped UK with their recruiting class last year. With the Cats currently having a 17-man 2016 class, an early signing period may benefit them this year.
- Kash Daniel has 'good idea' of who he'll commit to; cancels remaining visits
- Shannon Dawson on recruiting at Kentucky: "It's easy to sell this place right now."
- Louisville offers big-time in-state prospect Keion Wakefield; UK has already offered.
- Isaiah Briscoe’s coach calls him a great leader, hard worker.
- Willie Cauley-Stein: A Hairstyle History.
- Tai Wynyard FIBA 3x3 U18 World Championships mixtape (video)
- Kenny Payne says Willie can be an All-Star, compares him to John Wall.
- After discovering he has one kidney, Wyoming DE to continue playing.
- Dan Mullen joins cacophony of SEC coaches decrying satellite camps.
Other sports news
- Vince Wilfork's 'WORLD'S GREATEST FARTER' shirt is the best dad shirt on Earth.